With Square Enix calling this a special day because you never see a demo getting patched/updated, Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae version 2.0 is now available to download on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Previously, Square Enix said 2.0 will include frame-rate stabilization, camera control, some battle modifications, combination attacks, bug fixes, and balance. In the details today, they highlighted some of the new additions:
- You can now fight the Catoblepas! That’s the big monster in the lake. In version 2.0 one of them comes out of the lake onto land where you can fight it. Be careful though, it apparently takes 20 minutes to defeat with all four characters at level 99 and it can still knock you out in one hit.
- You can now warp out of battle to certain locations
- There’s a new dodge roll!
- New character interactions (in the field/environment and during camping)
- New team combo attacks using all four party members
- Additional side quests involving just you/Noctis and one other party member
They add, “There’s more little things in version 2.0 but I think it’s best to let you discover those things yourself.”
As for the final game, the development team is looking to add these things to Final Fantasy XV:
- You will be able to buy/sell items in bulk
- Each dropped item has specific uses; for instance, some of the dropped items can be used to customise the car
- The team is looking into making the BGM and environmental effects richer
- We will be looking into finding a way to address the issue with the player’s stamina depleting (while sprinting) that was mentioned by many Japanese fans.
Additionally, there’s a Final Fantasy Type-0 HD update today, which “reduces motion blur & improves camera control.”
What do you think of the updates to FFXV and Type-0 HD?