With the original Project CARS releasing last month and selling one million copies, Slightly Mad reminded everyone that content is still coming for the first game, but attention has turned to the sequel:
With an existing schedule of ON DEMAND content already underway to continue providing Project CARS with fresh new features, updates, and great things to play with throughout the year, Slightly Mad Studios now turns its attention to the future with the announcement of the continuation of the franchise with Project CARS 2. And once again, the sequel will be created, tested, and ultimately approved by you – the gamers – through the WMD Portal crowd-funding platform.
By spending anywhere from £50 to £10,000, you’ll have the ability to access the regular PC build of Project CARS 2 during development, impact choices the developers make, and get a copy of the full game when it eventually launches at an unannounced time.
Here’s what to expect from Project CARS 2:
- The Largest Track Roster Ever – 50 unique locations and 200+ courses including ‘loose surface racing’ on dirt, gravel, mud, and snow. All will have dynamic time of day and weather allowing you to play anytime, anywhere
- The Widest Variety of Motorsports with 8 different disciplines now including Rallycross, Hillclimbs, and Touge. 200+ cars from over 40 different vehicle classes including never-before-seen Concepts and Banned Race Cars
- Co-Op Career – Play as the Teammate Driver, Spotter, Driver Swap, or Co-Pilot. More choices, more opportunities, more strategy, greater risks and greater rewards
- Seamlessly Connected – Socialize and compete via Online Track Days, have players from around the world take the place of AI-controlled drivers in your solo play, and get news updates on the Driver Network around you
- Pro eSports Racing – Skill & Behavioural-based matchmaking, create your own Online Racing Seasons, and Live Broadcast and Spectator functionality
- Your Home for Racing – Your own personal, customisable Test Track to tune and test your cars. Invite others to showcase your passion for racing and learn race craft and engineering with the Project CARS Academy
Will you be funding Project CARS 2 while it’s in development?
Project CARS 2 Officially Announced, Includes "Largest Track Roster Ever" & Co-Op Career