An expanded version of the game previously released on PlayStation 3 and more in October 2014 by Nordic Games, MX vs ATV Supercross Encore is releasing on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in Q4 2015 (October – December).
In this new version you’ll find exclusive content (when compared to the PS3 game), new content, improved graphics, a higher frame-rate, and more:
- 12 Outdoor Nationals tracks from MX vs. ATV Alive
- 2 Open World environments from MX vs. ATV Alive
- Free Ride – Explore the world by yourself or with your friends online.
- Waypoint – A fan favorite available for the first time with the Alive environments. Find the quickest path to reach all of the gates before your competition does.
- Brand new and updated 2015 apparel, licensed from top Motocross companies
New Content (Non-Exclusive)
- 5 Rhythm Racing tracks – A new game mode and first for the MX vs. ATV series. Drag race your friends down straightened out Supercross dirt tracks filled with obstacles and jumps. Practice your Rhythm Racing by yourself in single player or take on your friends online and with split screen racing.
- Updated high-res rider models, bikes, and track textures which are rendered in true HD.
- The entire audio system has been re-mastered which includes adding in for the first time 3D positional and new environmental effects. This new audio results in a more clear and immersive high definition experience for the player.
- Smoother online play.
- Introducing a tutorial section explaining controls and pro tips offering guidance for newcomers to the series.
- New UI elements with an improved flow
And here’s what you need to know about the game itself:
Rip, jump and scrub your way on more than 30 tracks and try to cross the finish line first against more than 60 official riders to attain all that motocross glory. Choose between bikes or ATVs, multiple game modes including Career, Single races, Free Ride, and online multiplayer events with up to 12 players. Perform amazing tricks to impress your fans or just “whip” over jumps to finish the race first. Customize your rider with items from numerous licensed motocross companies to kick up dirt and dust on your way to victory.
- Over 30 Tracks – Including challenging Supercross tracks and bonus outdoor tracks from MX vs. ATV Alive
- Updated high-res textures and models
- More than 80 licensed motocross companies in the game to ensure authenticity
- Brand new 2015 apparel and graphics kits.
- Multiplayer with up to 12 players
- Split screen mode for 2 local players
- Free Ride mode for racing without boundaries
No price was given for MX vs ATV Supercross Encore, though Amazon does have it listed at $39.99.
MX vs ATV Supercross Encore PS4, Xbox One Versions Confirmed