The wait for the Mega Man Legacy Collection is almost over, with Capcom announcing today that it’s coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on August 25 in North America and Europe for $14.99/€14.99/£11.99. A 3DS version will follow in early 2016.
If you’d prefer a physical version of the game, Capcom confirmed that, due to a strong reception at E3 and across the community, they’re bringing the Mega Man Legacy Collection to retail in North America in early 2016 for PS4, Xbox One, and 3DS at $29.99. Expect more details in the future.
Here’s a recap of what you’ll find inside the Legacy Collection:
- Mega Man 1~6 reverently reborn through the Eclipse Engine, which takes the games’ 8-bit source elements and converts them into crisp HD goodness
- Challenge mode with online leaderboards and video replays
- Massive museum filled with production art, sketches and some old 80s-90s flyers!
- All six games’ soundtracks playable from a built-in music box
- Filters that approximate both fuzzy tube TVs and scan-line-rich monitors.
- Full, Wide and “Original” viewing options
- Optional borders for Mega Man 1~6
- Save states for those of you who want to creep your way through the games
- Enemy database for each game that not only lists out each foe (and its weakness), but also lets you fight the Robot Master bosses at any time so you can practice their patterns!
Will you be waiting for the physical version?