Answering some questions through the PS Blog and a new FAQ, Harmonix said the 10 exclusive songs “will be available to purchase as DLC. Stay tuned for details on availability.” The theme, however, won’t be available separately.
Addressing the standalone disc version of Rock Band 4, they said, “There will be a standalone Rock Band 4 disc available for purchase on October 6; we’ll have details on pre-orders for the standalone software soon. We’re working to make game-only pre-orders available at retail and expect to do this before the end of August.”
Finally, here’s what they said about on-disc songs from previous games:
If you have previously exported legacy Rock Band titles (Rock Band 1, Rock Band 2, Lego: Rock Band, Green Day: Rock Band), this content will be available for free re-download within the same console family as we make that content available!
We’ll have other details on exports closer to launch! 🙂
With the PlayStation Store update today in North America, Rock Band 4 is now available to pre-order on PlayStation 4 for $59.99 (US)/$74.99 (CAN). According to Harmonix Associate Community Manager Criss Burki, “We will be extending the program to Europe soon – stay tuned for details!”
If you do pre-order Rock Band 4 from the PS Store and have a PlayStation Plus membership, you’ll receive an exclusive PS4 theme and these 10 songs that are “only available through this exclusive offer:”
- All That Remains – “Divide”
- Blitz Kids – “Run For Cover”
- Bring Me The Horizon – “Throne”
- Dead Sara – “Mona Lisa”
- Duran Duran – “The Reflex”
- Janis Joplin – “Move Over”
- Of Mice & Men – “Would You Still Be There”
- Oh Honey – “Sugar You”
- Pantera – “Cowboys From Hell (Live from Monsters in Moscow Festival)”
- Seastick Steve – “Summertime Boy”
Catching people up on previous Rock Band 4 details, Burki said, “Rock Band 4 software will work with all PlayStation 4 Rock Band music game controllers, most previous PlayStation Rock Band and third party wireless music game controllers and microphones, as well as with your Rock Band DLC previously purchased for PlayStation.”
Featuring more than 60 songs on-disc (more will be announced in the coming weeks), Rock Band 4 is also compatible with over 1,500 songs in the Music Store.
Burki then highlighted some new features in the game:
- Freestyle Guitar Solos – Guitarists can bust out unique guitar solos of their own with the game’s new Freestyle Guitar Solos, no lessons or music expertise needed.
- Freestyle Vocals – Gamers can sing it their way with advanced pitch recognition that rewards them for putting their own spin on their favorite songs.
- Improved Drum Fills – Drummers never miss a beat with latency free Dynamic Drum Fills designed to sound better than ever before.
- Stage Presence – Gain extra points by working the crowd into a frenzy with your vocal charisma; or through synching moves & streaks with band members.
- Campaign & Character Customization – Rock Band 4 features an improved campaign/story experience, allowing up to four players to create and customize their in-game avatars, form a band, and build a legendary, charting the course of their rock career through a branching narrative.
Post-launch, Harmonix will “continuously” add new tracks and new gameplay.
If you’d prefer a physical copy of Rock Band 4, Amazon is offering 34 songs as a pre-order bonus.
Rock Band 4 releases worldwide on October 6 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
[Source: PS Blog]