Grand Theft Auto V on PS4 & Xbox One Gets Rockstar Editor This September, Complete With New Features
Previously confirmed to be arriving in the next game update, Rockstar announced today that the Rockstar Editor for Grand Theft Auto V and GTA Online on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One is releasing in September.
When the Rockstar Editor comes to consoles, it will include these new features:
- Ambient Audio and Sound Effects Library: Add ambient and atmospheric sound design with a library of audio tracks to help bring your scenes to life or add sound effects from a collection of Foley and other sfx.
- Snapmatic Integration: Now you can export any still frame at a marker point straight to Snapmatic, giving you ultimate freedom when searching for that perfect camera angle.
- Director Mode Updates: An enlarged minimap with location blips to highlight preset locations, the power to freeze chosen time of day settings and the ability to spawn air and water vehicles.
- Copy and Paste Marker Properties: Easily copy and paste your audio settings from any marker to another marker in the clip – adding invaluable efficiency to your go-to editing techniques.
- New Fonts: You’ll now have more style options than ever for your titles and credits — we’re tripling the library of available fonts with new styles.
Also in the next game update, you can expect some “exciting new gameplay for GTA Online Freemode that we’ll be sharing more about in the coming weeks.”
If you have any suggestions for features or changes in GTAV, send your suggestion to Rockstar at [email protected].