Now that we’re just over a month away from launch, EA and DICE have revealed all the Multiplayer modes and Mission types you’ll find in Star Wars Battlefront on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
With some being detailed previously, and others leaked, here’s the full list of game modes included with Battlefront:
- Fighter Squadron – Take to the skies and dogfight in some of the most memorable Star Wars vehicles including X-wings, TIE fighters, the Millennium Falcon and more.
- Supremacy – Rebels and Imperials fight for control of five key points in this intense 40-player clash that takes place on some of the largest maps in Star Wars Battlefront. Take advantage of both ground and air vehicles in order to secure victory for your team.
- Cargo – A thrilling tug-of-war experience for fans of Star Wars and capture the flag gameplay. Cargo challenges your team to capture valuable cargo boxes from the opposing team. Get the loot and make your way back to your base – but don’t forget to defend your own precious cargo as each capture counts.
- Droid Run – Six Rebels and six Imperials fight to capture and hold on to three GNK Power Droids. These are the Droids you’re looking for. GONK!
- Walker Assault – Fight in epic 40-player battles as a Rebel to destroy the Empire’s onslaught of AT-AT’s by calling in Y-wing bombers. Or, side with the Empire and protect your Walkers while utilizing their mighty weaponry to crush the Rebel objective.
- Blast – A classic Team Deathmatch mode with a Star Wars Battlefront twist. Fast-paced and packed with chaotic fun, Blast pits 10 Rebels against 10 Imperials in a fight to the finish.
- Drop Zone – Keep an eye on the sky! Escape pods are crashing down onto the planetary surfaces and your team must fight for control over them. Drop Zone provides frantic 8v8 matches that will put your combat and strategic skills to the test.
- Heroes vs Villains – The most valiant Heroes and cunning Villains of the galaxy are clashing in this epic Star Wars Battlefront mode. Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, and other iconic characters will be part of your team together with ground troopers. Keep your Heroes and Villains alive to score points and win the battle.
- Hero Hunt – Seven Imperials against Luke Skywalker? Seven Rebels battling it out against Boba Fett? In Hero Hunt, one player will experience the thrill of playing as an iconic Star Wars Battlefront Hero or Villain, facing off against ground troops from the opposing faction. Want to play as the Hero? Take them out and you’ll get your chance, but remember, once you become the Hero the hunt is on.
As for Missions, they allow you to play offline solo or with a friend through couch co-op, or through online co-op. Here’s what to expect:
- Training – Star Wars Battlefront Training Missions will let you fly an X-wing over the canyons of Tatooine, chase down Rebels with your speeder bike, or even fight as Darth Vader. Training Missions will help you become the best pilot in the galaxy and a formidable player on the ground in Star Wars Battlefront.
- Survival – Hold off waves of Imperial forces including AT-STs, TIE Fighters, elite stormtroopers and more. Experience a different Survival mission on every planet.
- Battles – Master your Star Wars Battlefront prowess with Battle Missions. Fight alongside the Rebel Alliance or the Empire, against a friend or against enemy AI in head-to-head action. Battle Missions will put your skills to the test – do you have what it takes?
- Hero Battles – Star Wars Battlefront Hero Battles let you live out your Star Wars battle fantasies by letting you play as Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, and more. Feel the power as you master moves like Saber Rush or Force Choke as some of the most iconic characters in the galaxy.
DICE and Lead Level Designer Dennis Brännvall went in-depth with the newly revealed Hero Hunt, Cargo and Droid Run, and we’ve got the details right here:
Hero Hunt (7v1)
Hero Hunt beings with one player starting as either a Hero or Villain character depending on the planet you’re playing on. The other seven players spawn as troopers of the opposing side. Thus, a tense seven-versus-one hunt begins.
Should you deliver the killing blow on the current Hero or Villain you take their place, spurred on by a short, cinematic sequence as you respawn. The hunter now the hunted, your job is to defeat those in pursuit and survive as long as possible in the boots of Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Boba Fett, or whichever iconic character is up based on the pre-determined order.
Rebels and Imperials both have a base on the map where valuable cargo is stored. Your objective is to run in to the enemy base, pick up the cargo, and return it to your home base. It’s a classic concept, but we’ve added one twist: you don’t need to have your own cargo in your base in order to bring back the cargo you’ve taken from your enemies. This creates a tug of war experience where you simply need to collect as much cargo as possible.
Scoring works a bit different thanks to this design. At the beginning of a match, the score is 5-5. If you get hold of a cargo crate, your team will take the lead with 6-4, and the rest of the match will fluctuate like that. If you’re in the lead when the 15-minute round is over, you’ll win.
Droid Run (6v6)
“There are three active objectives on the map that you need to control. These aren’t just any objectives – what you need to get a hold of are three different GNK Droids. What’s particularly charming with these is that they’re all moving and have to be caught before the capture process can start. This creates a more dynamic and action-filled experience.”
So, in tight and fast 6-versus-6 matches, your objective is to capture and hold all the three Droids before the 10-minute time limit is up. You’ll get help from weapon pickups but Heroes, Villains, and vehicles won’t be joining the run. Communication is vital, so let your teammates know if you’ve spotted a Droid somewhere, how to find it, and if there are enemy forces nearby.
Elsewhere, the ESRB rated Star Wars Battlefront T for Teen, putting it in line with previous games in the series. According to the description, “Violence” is the only descriptor, while “one character performs a Force Choke against soldiers, temporarily lifting them off the ground as they react with a choking-like gesture.”
Earlier today EA announced a $50 Season Pass for Star Wars Battlefront which includes four expansion packs.