In their latest Weekly Update, Bungie revealed that the November Destiny update is arriving next week, likely on Tuesday, November 17.
We’ll have to wait for full patch notes after it’s live to see exactly what’s changed, but we do know the November update will include some additions to the Gunsmith, with Banshee-44 selling Weapon Parts in exchange for Glimmer. There will also be some Crucible improvements, a fix that re-enables the Quiver perk for Hunters, Nightstalkers will be able to shoot three Shadowshots again (without the added “bonus”), and Shaxx will have all three Legendary swords available for purchase after you complete the Blademaster Quest to obtain your exotic sword.
Additionally, Bungie said they are planning something called Refer-a-Friend this holiday:
Maybe you have a friend who will be getting Destiny as a gift this season. Perhaps their gift-giver will even be picking it up for them at a holiday sale coming to a store near you. If you intend to show them the way to the mountaintop, we’ll have new rewards aimed at recognizing your service to the Kinderguardian.
Refer-a-Friend is being completed right now and full details will arrive “very soon.”
Elsewhere in the Weekly Update, Iron Banner was revealed to be returning next week, featuring Clash as the game mode for the first time ever.
Here’s how rewards are changing for the event:
- Iron Banner reputation from winning matches increased by 20%
- Activity completion rewards increased at all ranks, with even more significant increases at Rank 2 and above
- Packages from Lord Saladin upon reaching Rank 3 and Rank 5
- Iron Banner Artifacts can be obtained from the Rank 3 package
- Iron Banner Ghost Shells can be obtained from the Rank 5 package or activity completion rewards
Next week, we’ll learn more about the December Destiny update. And while 2015 is coming to a close, “Year 2 of Destiny is just getting started.”