For those who enjoy slaying in Diablo 3, you might notice a thing or two that changed with Blizzard’s recent Diablo 3 update (2.40) for the PC, Xbox One and the PlayStation 4.
Over on Battle.net, Blizzard has released the full patch notes for Diablo 3 and it’s quite a big one. Check out the tweaks Blizzard rolled out which includes a variety of item and content updates that include (but aren’t limited to) the following stuff below.
New Zone: Greyhollow Island
The mysterious forested locale of Greyhollow Island is now open for exploration! Inhabited by new enemies and steeped in intrigue, brave the wilds and unravel the enigma behind the isle’s mysterious inhabitants. Be forewarned, however; the land itself is hungry for blood.
To learn more about Greyhollow Island, click here.
Expanded Areas: The Eternal Woods & Leoric’s Manor
The Sanctuary you know grows larger. Two existing zones are receiving new, fully explorable additions, featuring new bounties and events. Survive the hunting grounds of the fierce yeti in the Eternal Woods, a new branch of The Ruins of Sescheron zone. Leoric’s Manor becomes a bit grander beyond the collapsed stairwell in Act I, opening up the Royal Quarters for curious treasure hunters.
New Feature: Set Dungeons
Test your mettle against one of twenty-four custom designed set dungeons! Each dungeon features a pre-generated, static course designed entirely around a specific class set. Don all six pieces of your chosen set and visit Leoric’s Library to obtain a clue on where these hidden trials are located. Hunt down your dungeon of choice and master it to unlock exclusive cosmetic rewards for one, more, or for the truly dedicated, all of these challenges!
New Feature: Empowered Rifts
Spend your gold to empower a Greater Rift, granting a fourth opportunity to upgrade a Legendary Gem. Gold costs vary based on the tier of Greater Rift level attempted, and bonus upgrades are granted only to those who successfully complete the rift, so spend wisely!
- Players may now purchase additional stash space, up to 350 slots total
- At level 70, +% Bonus Experience is reduced to 10% effectiveness
- Death’s Breath now has a unique item color and have a beam effect for increased visibility
- Several existing sets have received power redesigns or significant updates
- Redesigned Sets
- The Legacy of Raekor
- Thorns of the Invoker
- The Shadow’s Mantle
- Monkey King’s Garb
- Delsere’s Magnum Opus
- Tal Rasha’s Elements
- Updated Sets
- Might of the Earth
- Armor of Akkhan
- Roland’s Legacy
- Embodiment of the Marauder
- Natalya’s Vengeance
- Unhallowed Essence
- Inna’s Mantra
- Raiment of the Jade Harvester
- Spirit of Arachyr
- Firebird’s Finery
- Added new Legendary items
- A number of existing Legendary items have also been redesigned
- Old versions of these Legendary items found previous to this patch willnot be automatically updated with redesigned powers, and will need to be found again to benefit from these changes.
- Taunt now causes monsters to consistently attack you
- All classes have received several skill updates
Nephalem Rift Updates
- Medium and Large versions of most cave maps can no longer appear in Greater Rifts
- Density has been increased in many cave maps
- The amount of progression granted by progress orbs in Nephalem and Greater Rifts has been increased
- The number of progression orbs dropped by Rare monsters has been increased from 3 to 4
- The total amount of progress required to complete a rift has been increased
- Several new tile sets based on the new zones introduced in Patch 2.3.0 and 2.4.0 have been added for Nephalem Rifts
- New snow and forest themed monster population types have been added for Nephalem Rifts
- Some Pylons have been slightly tweaked for balance
Adventure Mode Updates
- A new recipe has been added to Kanai’s Cube
- An arrow will now indicate the location of the Keywarden if you are in a zone where one is present
- The names and descriptions of the Keywardens and the items they drop have been changed to correspond to the respective realms their machines open and the organs dropped in those realms
- Bandit Shrines now have a unique appearance
- Experience granted by all monsters at level 70 has been increased
- Monster health has been reduced in solo, 2, and 3-player Greater Rifts
- Elites in Set Dungeons can now occasionally drop pieces of Set Dungeon lore
- The tactics and animations of several enemies have been retuned
- The tactics and animations of several Rift Guardians have been retuned
- Rift Guardians will now teleport to a player if there is a very long walking distance between them
- Starting at Torment VII, Rift Guardians now drop a guaranteed Forgotten Soul and have a chance, increased by difficulty level, to drop a second Forgotten Soul
- The user interface has received several quality of life updates
- Skill buttons with active skills now glow
- Skill buttons with time-limited buffs now show a timer bar
- Skill buttons with stacked buffs now show the stack count in green
- Revenge now plays an effect on the skill button when it is ready
- A second row has been added to the buff bar for each player with space for up to 14 total buff icons
- Very large floating numbers will now be abbreviated
- An option has been added to disable this abbreviation
- An effect has been added to the XP bar when players gain or lose bonus experience from Pools of Reflection
Whew! That’s quite a lot! In order to update Diablo 3, you just need to connect to either XBL or on PSN. Nope, PS+ or Xbox Live Gold is not required in order to access the update. Happy hunting, demon slayers!