Developer Infinigon Games and publisher BadLand Indie have announced that the upcoming action role-playing game, Zenith, will be coming to the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC in Q2 2016. Described as a game that “combines that feel of the golden era RPG games with a generous dose of humor and parody,” we’re told that Zenith comes with the following features:
- An actual story that is “really” happening in the game universe.
- Lots of characters that manage to be unique without being egotistical special snowflakes. And a few egotistical special snowflakes as well.
- Tons of dialogue lines with some serious effort put in them.
- Heavy in humor, but not to the point of “anything can happen because the funnies”. The jokes work for the story, and not the other way around.
- Parodies and references.
- Some exclusive music pieces by the talented Murray Atkinson.
In a press release, the publisher promised a “solid story” set in a fantasy world with unorthodox characters. The story has been described as follows:
Adventuring, exploring ruins, accidentally unleashing the apocalypse, saving the world… you’ve done it all, and so has Argus. And, frankly, he’s a bit fed up with the whole thing. He used to be a wizard, which was fine and all, but he’s in his 30s now, and he wants to settle down, get some peace and quiet. But that’s not easy to get with all those spike-haired buffoons dragging their giant swords around and ruining the pavement. Specially when you’re trying to keep a dangerous artifact hidden from meddling heroes with a chosen one complex.
Zenith will not feature a multiplayer mode.
We’ll update our readers when an exact release date is announced.