A 0.3GB download, bringing the total size of all updates so far to 13.5GB, DriveClub update 1.27 is now available on PlayStation 4.
In the March 2016 update, Evolution Studios has introduced new Drift Mode scoring, added new Elite Levels, updated the game menus and loading screen to show off new images, and more, as the full patch notes reveal:
- New Drift Mode scoring: Fast and precise drifts now earn much bigger scores. Going off track, driving slowly or colliding with walls will result in a penalty to prevent exploits.
- All Drift Mode leaderboards will be reset in the days following the update to ensure they offer a level playing field.
- 25 new Elite Levels have been added (new cap is 60).
- 25 new Driver Levels have been added (new cap is 120) with new livery rewards to unlock along the way.
- 35 new Club Levels have been added (new cap is 120) with new livery rewards to unlock along the way.
- The game menus have been updated with new #PS4share imagery to showcase some of our most loved #PS4share photo mode snaps. Keep them coming!
- The loading screen for DriveClub now shows off an awesome new #PS4share community photo collage made up of thousands of your pictures.
- The loading screen for DriveClub Bikes also shows off an awesome new #PS4share community photo collage made up of thousands of your pictures.
- Includes general improvements for game performance, stability and usability.
Additionally, update 1.27 preps for the free and paid DLC arriving on March 22 in the PlayStation Store:
- Free Superbike for everybody: Aprilia RSV4 RF ABS.
- New “Finish Line” Expansion Pack featuring 6 events, 5 Trophies and 2 new cars: Koeniggsegg Regera & Jaguar XJ220.
- New “MV Agusta” Expansion Pack featuring 6 events, 5 Trophies and 2 new Bikes: MV Agusta Brutale 1090 Corsa & MV Agusta F4RC.
Game Director Paul Rustchynsky explained, “The Aprilia RSV4 will be FREE to download from the PlayStation Store for both #DRIVECLUB & DRIVECLUB BIKES owners.”
— Jamie Brayshaw (@PhenomEvolution) March 9, 2016
What do you think of the latest changes?
DriveClub Update 1.27 Is Live, Adds New Drift Mode Scoring & Preps for This Month's DLC