It may not be the big April update with the Hoops content (that’s still coming later this month), but Psyonix released a new Rocket League update on PlayStation 4 and PC yesterday, addressing some hitbox issues and lowering the ESRB rating.
Here’s the full list of patch notes for Rocket League update 1.16:
Changes and Updates
Improved Hitboxes for multiple vehicles to more accurately represent their models; specifically…
- Fixed Scarab and Grog’s hitboxes, which were not long enough
- Fixed Breakout and Hotshot’s hitboxes, which were not wide enough
- Fixed Batmobile and Breakout’s hitboxes, which were abnormally long
- Fixed Gizmo, Octane, Ripper, and Scarab’s hitboxes, which were too tall
- Fixed Dominus’ hitbox, which was not long or tall enough
Repaired collision issues that resulted in incorrect ball-bounce behavior in some maps.
- Additionally, the “Wasteland” Arena received collision improvements to eliminate inaccurate bounces
ESRB Rating has been lowered to “E” from “E10+” (this should just affect parental control settings)
- Fixed an exploit that allowed Battle-Cars to jump considerably higher than they were supposed to
In addition to the new Hoops game mode, the April update includes Replay Quick-Saving, Replay Naming, and changes to ball physics.
[Source: Rocket League]