Adding more than 100 hours of additional gameplay, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth DLC for The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is releasing on May 10 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, Nicalis announced. A Wii U version will follow in the coming months.
Priced at $10.99, Afterbirth also includes over 1,000 new rooms, 120 new items, 10 new challenges, and much more, as Nicalis detailed:
- Over 100 hours of MORE gameplay
- Greed Mode – a whole new way to play, focused on risk/reward
- Expanded main game – a new final area with a new final boss
- Daily Runs – play a new official run, everyday!
- Online Leaderboards – compete for highscore/best time
- 10 totally new and awesome challenges!
- 1000+ new room designs
- MONSTROUSLY UPDATED WEAPON COMBO SYSTEM!
- 120 new items-not counting tons of new pickups, chests, pills, bombs and cards-taking the item count up beyond 500!
- Alternate soundtrack!
- New secret transformations!
Some of the secrets in Afterbirth include Lilith, mother of demons, a new playable character; eight new bosses; 100+ enemies with new designs; four alternate chapters with new enemy types and visual themes; a revised seed code combo system; and “probably at least 5 other features we can’t remember due to all the crap that we threw into this little brown nugget!”
As for a PlayStation Vita version of Afterbirth, things weren’t looking good last year.