Ending Overwatch’s three week run at the top of the chart, Doom finished in 1st place for the first time thanks to a price drop. With this victory, it marks Bethesda’s first #1 since Fallout 4 and gives developer id Software their first #1 since Doom 3 in 2004.
With MotoGP 16: Valentino Rossi in 19th the only new release to crack the top 40, the focus moves to older titles, with Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 and Star Wars Battlefront managing to re-enter the top 10 thanks to some price drops. Elsewhere, Mirror’s Edge Catalyst fell from 2nd to 6th.
Here’s the 20 best-selling retail games in the UK for the week ending June 18, 2016, according to GfK Chart-Track:
- Doom (up 57%)
- Overwatch (down 24%)
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End (up 1%)
- FIFA 16 (up 21%)
- Grand Theft Auto V (up 20%)
- Mirror’s Edge Catalyst (down 62%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (up 52%)
- UEFA Euro 2016 Pro Evolution Soccer (up 24%)
- Star Wars Battlefront (up 63%)
- LEGO Marvel’s Avengers (up 4%)
- Fallout 4
- Ratchet & Clank
- The Division
- Dead Island Definitive Collection
- Homefront: The Revolution
- Destiny: The Taken King
- Minecraft: Xbox Edition
- Minecraft: Story Mode
- MotoGP 16: Valentino Rossi
- LEGO Jurassic World
Where do you think Mighty No. 9 will debut on the chart?