Curve Digital and developer Fiddlesticks announced today that puzzle-platformer Hue is releasing on August 23 in North America and Europe for PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Xbox One, and PC. Featuring cross-buy on PlayStation, Hue will be priced at $12.99/€12.99/£9.99 regularly, with discounts available at launch.
Trying to solve his mother’s disappearance in a grey world, protagonist Hue discovers the ability to see the world’s hidden color and change it to alter reality. By using the color wheel, you’ll be able to change the background color, and when the background color matches any obstacles, they disappear.
As the features list details, Hue includes a colorblind mode:
- Unique color-matching mechanic, offering a new twist on the classic platformer.
- A heartfelt story that touches on themes of love, loss, existence and remorse.
- A world full of lively characters to talk to, each with their own personality and story.
- Stark silhouetted art style with bright, bold colors.
- Over 30 original music tracks, composed exclusively for Hue.
- Full colorblind support, using symbols as a color aid.
- Razer Chroma, Corsair RGB and many more colored LED devices supported on Windows.
- Professionally voiced narration by Anna Acton and Matthew Wade, some of the UK’s best television talent.
Creative Director Henry Hoffman said, “The color-changing puzzles bring something genuinely fresh to the genre – we’ve had a real blast designing them. Some of the latter stages of the game are incredibly devious – we’ll be taxing parts of the brain untouched by previous games.”