With the Rocket League September Update next month, developer Psyonix will be adding Rumble, which is a new mode that includes randomized power-ups.
Described as “an epic battle royale-style addition,” Rumble Mode will appear in Online Playlists, Private matches, and Exhibition matches. Additionally, you can choose specific Mutators for Private and Exhibition matches, with Slow, Civilized, Destruction Derby, and Spring-Loaded given as examples.
Here’s what to expect from the 11 power-ups:
- The Boot (Kicks an opponent’s car)
- Disruptor (Forces your opponent to drive uncontrollably)
- Freezer (Freezes the ball in-place)
- Grappling Hook (Pulls you towards the ball)
- Haymaker (Punches the ball)
- Magnetizer (Attracts the ball to your car)
- Plunger (Grabs the ball via plunger and cord)
- Power Hitter (Allows you to hit everything harder)
- Spike (Attach the ball to your car when you bump into it)
- Swapper (Change positions on the field with your opponent)
- Tornado (Sweep up the ball and opposing cars into a giant funnel cloud)
Rumble Mode is just one of the many additions Psyonix has planned for Year Two of Rocket League.
Are you excited for Rumble Mode?
[Source: Rocket League]