On PS4, Persona 5 will be released in these two editions:
SteelBook Launch Edition (€69.99/£54.99)
- Includes the game and a SteelBook Collectible Case.
Take Your Heart Premium Edition (€89.99 / £79.99)
- Soundtrack: A selection of music from Persona 5 by legendary series composer, Shoji Meguro, in a CD sleeve featuring P5 artwork.
- 4”/10 cm plush keychain: Morgana the Phantom Thieves’ cat is not just the mascot of the Phantom Thieves, but also a member – and also not just a cat! The premium edition includes an exclusive 4”/10 cm plush of Morgana.
- 64-page hardcover art book: This art book is full of concept sketches, character art, and more by character designer Shigenori Soejima.
- SteelBook game case: As strong as a vault, the game disc for the PS4 will come specially packaged in a metal game case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
- School bag: Designed after the traditional school bags in Japan, the exclusive replica bag comes complete with the Shujin Academy crest.
- Collectible outer box: Easily the largest premium edition in ATLUS’ history, the entirety of the “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition comes in a colossal collectible box.
On PS3, Persona 5 will only be available in a €49.99/£39.99 standard edition.
Featuring both English voice and text, here’s what you need to know about Persona 5:
Persona 5 is a game about the internal and external conflicts of a group of troubled high school students – the protagonist and a collection of compatriots he meets in the game’s story – who live dual lives as Phantom Thieves. They have the typically ordinary day-to-day of a Tokyo high schooler: attending class, after-school activities and part-time jobs. But they also undertake fantastical adventures by using otherworldly powers to enter the hearts of people. Their power comes from the Persona, the Jungian concept of the “self”. The game’s heroes realise that society forces people to wear masks to protect their inner vulnerabilities, and only by literally ripping off their protective mask and confronting their inner selves do the heroes awaken their inner power, and use it to strive to help those in need. Ultimately, the group of Phantom Thieves seeks to change their day-to-day world to match their perception and see through the masks modern-day society wears.
- Persona 5 is the first numbered title of the award-winning franchise on home consoles since the PS2 generation.
- Fast-paced Japanese role-playing game mechanics, exciting action sequences, deep and engaging story.
- Vibrantly stylised characters, enemies, and environments, elegant anime-style cut-scenes.
- Soundtrack featuring the fresh sounds of acid jazz composed by the legendary composer Shoji Meguro.
- A standalone story experience that welcomes newcomers and veteran Persona players alike.
Persona 5 also releases on February 14, 2017 in North America for PS4 and PS3.
[Source: Deep Silver]