A 347MB download, Blizzard has released Overwatch update 1.07 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One today. Mostly focusing on bug fixing and balance updates, here’s the full list of patch notes:
Map Balance Updates
- Respawn time for defenders has been standardized to 10 seconds on all maps
- Payload speed has been slightly reduced on Watchpoint: Gibraltar
- Fixed a bug causing incomplete character models to load on the Hero Selection screen
- Fixed a number of bugs causing various crashes and instability issues
- Fixed a bug that prevented user interface elements from displaying in some languages
- Fixed a bug that caused the placement matches screen to display when some players would disconnect and rejoin a match
- Fixed a bug that was blocking spectator cameras from passing through some doors and force fields
Estádio das Rãs
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to spawn as heroes other than Lúcio
- Fixed an issue which allowed players to get stuck outside the normal boundaries of the map
Temple of Anubis
- Fixed a bug causing a portion of the city wall to display incorrectly on all graphics settings
- Fixed a bug that caused group indicator links to appear between a player and an empty player spot when the scoreboard was accessed during a match
As you may have noticed, many of the changes in this new console patch were included in the recent PC update.
Blizzard also announced that they’ve taken action against those using cheat programs in Overwatch. “Cheating will not be tolerated in any form, and we will continue to push for a cheater-free community,” they added. “If you believe that another player is cheating or you have information pertaining to the use of hacks, bots, or unauthorized third-party software in Overwatch, please let us know!”
A new PC update is currently in the Public Test Region, ahead of Competitive Season 2 beginning on September 6. “While many of these changes will also be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in a future patch, the PTR is PC-only and therefore will only reflect changes coming specifically to that platform,” Blizzard said.
The biggest changes to Competitive Play in the PTR update include the introduction of skill tiers, the removal of Sudden Death (matches that are tied when the clock runs out will end in a draw), and the skill rating system going to a 1 – 5000 scale. In addition to lots of Hero balancing, the PTR update will also make sit and laugh emotes unlockable for all heroes, and will add Torbjörn as an AI-controlled hero in Practice vs. AI, Play vs. AI, and Custom Game modes. We’ll let you know when this next Overwatch update becomes available on console.
Overwatch Update 1.07 Today on PS4 & Xbox One Fixes Bugs