Adding the new Tumble Mini Game, support for Battle Map Pack 3, six new Trophies for the Battle Mini Game, and more, Minecraft update 1.33 is now live on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Vita in Europe and Japan. Expect it to be available later today in North America.
“A frantic competitive clash in which players destroy the very floor beneath their enemies’ feet, sending them plummeting to their doom,” Tumble is the second mini game released for the Console Editions of Minecraft. Inspired by Spleef, Tumble includes two variants: one where you can throw snowballs, the other equipping you with shovels. Each fight is a best of three and takes place on a series of semi-randomized maps, each with several layers of differing materials and hazards.
Here’s the full list of patch notes for today’s Minecraft update on PlayStation platforms:
- Added Tumble Mini Game.
- Added Battle Map Pack 3 (Castle, Invasion & Shipyard).
- Added six new trophies for the Battle mini game.
- Re-enabled the previous Birthday and Minecon skin packs for players who had them.
- Battle Mini Game: Made some changes to chest refilling logic to make things harder for players camping beside chests.
- Battle Mini Game: Made some balancing changes to items spawning in chests.
- Battle Mini Game: Fixed some map issues in Cavern, Siege, Ruin, Lair and Atlantis arenas.
- Introduced a ‘vote to kick’ system for mini games. When there are more than three players in a public game, a player will be kicked from the game when they have received three votes. This scales down when there are less players.
Battle Map Pack 3 is available for free in the Season Pass, or $2.99/€2.99/£2.49 on its own.
An update is also available today for the Xbox versions of Minecraft. The Wii U version, meanwhile, will receive the update later this week.
Minecraft Update 1.33 Today on PS4, PS3 & Vita Adds Tumble