For the first time since the service launched in 2010, the price of a PlayStation Plus subscription will be increasing in North America. Beginning tomorrow, September 22, a 12-month membership will be rising by $10 USD/$20 CAD and a 3-month membership will be going up by $7 USD/$12 CAD, as you can see below:
- Current Price – $49.99 USD/$49.99 CAD
- Price on September 22 – $59.99 USD/$69.99 CAD
- Current Price – $17.99 USD/$17.99 CAD
- Price on September 22 – $24.99 USD/$29.99 CAD
- Current Price – $9.99 USD/$9.99 CAD
- Price on September 22 – $9.99 USD/$11.99 CAD
As Sony said last month, “The new pricing reflects the current market conditions while enabling us to continue providing exceptional value to our members.” They later added, “If you do not wish to continue your subscription, please be sure to cancel it by turning off auto-renewal in your account settings before September 22, 2016.”
You can learn more about cancelling your PlayStation Plus subscription’s auto-renewal on this page.
If you haven’t grabbed them yet, this month’s PlayStation Plus free games include Journey, Lords of the Fallen, Amnesia: Memories, and more.
Have you found any last-minute deals on a PS+ subscription?
PlayStation Plus Price Increases Tomorrow, September 22