Incoming Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Update Changes Revealed, PS4 Pro Version Runs at 2160p
On Saturday, November 5, developer Infinity Ward released a new Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare update that fixed some exploits and issues, as you can see in the patch notes:
- Fixed a map exploit on Genesis
- Zombies Fixes, including exploit
- Fixing a joining in progress issue on Mayday
- Removing Redeem Code button from the store as it was causing confusion
- SMG Tuning from Beta/Early metrics
- AR/LMG Tuning from Beta/Early metrics
- Slight tuning to Synaptic Equalizer values
Looking ahead, various members of the Infinite Warfare team have revealed some of the fixes and additions players can expect in the near future. Here’s the list, as compiled by Charlie Intel:
- Mute All But Party option
- Infected Mode (currently in testing)
- Infinity Ward plans on rotating in and out many game modes, including S&R, All or Nothing, and more
- Fix to increase Points Per Kill in Free for All from 50 to 100
- Adding Leaderboards and Combat Records
- Fix to the Xbox One frame-rate issue
- Fix to an issue where split-screen players aren’t earning reward
- When you die in-game, they are working to add the kill feed and enemy player card instead of blank HUD
As for Activision’s support page, they’ve highlighted some of the known issues in Infinite Warfare on all platforms:
- Pre-order bonus content not appearing – Players who purchased a Digital Deluxe Edition, or a Legacy Edition or Legacy Pro Edition from GameStop, are not receiving Bullethawk or Hellstorm pre-order bonus content.
- Split-screen players not earning in-game rewards – Player 2 in split-screen Multiplayer and Zombies matches are not earning Keys or Mission Team progress (missions and XP)
Scheduled to be Fixed in the Next Game Update
- Intro Video After Match – Players are reporting that the intro video is playing after every Multiplayer match with no way to skip or bypass.
- Players not receiving Season Pass bonus content – Some players who have purchased Season Pass are not receiving their 10 Rare Supply Drops and 1,000 Salvage Credits. Some players have found that closing and rebooting the game two or three times delivers their Season Pass bonus content.
Charlie Intel also posted an image of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered leaderboards on PlayStation 4, which had over 1.2 million players as of November 6.
As for the PS4 Pro support in Infinite Warfare and Modern Warfare Remastered, Eurogamer says MWR runs at 1620p (2880×1620) and it’s “helped out by a heavily post-processed presentation.” IW, meanwhile, renders up to 2160p.
In terms of performance, Eurogamer notes that Modern Warfare Remastered not only includes an increased resolution on PS4 Pro, but the performance is also better. In one instance, they noticed that it ran at 60 frames-per-second on PS4 Pro, while the PS4 version came in at 48fps.