A tactical RPG from NIS America and Kadokawa Games, God Wars Future Past for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita is coming to North America on March 28 and Europe on March 31. It will be available physically and digitally on both platforms.
Featuring English and Japanese audio, as well as English subtitles, God Wars Future Past is priced at $49.99 USD on PS4 and $39.99 USD on PS Vita. There’s also a Limited Edition for $79.99 USD on PS4 and $74.99 on PS Vita through NISA’s Online Store (North America, Europe) that includes the following:
- Collector’s box
- God Wars Future Past game
- Art Book (details coming soon)
- Soundtrack (details coming soon)
- Cloth Poster (27″ x 38″)
- Pocket Mirror (3.5″ dia.)
Here’s the description for God Wars Future Past:
A long time ago, there was a beautiful land made up of three nations: Fuji, Izumo, and Hyuga. This land was called Mizuho. The people of Mizuho disliked conflict, honored their ancestral spirits, and lived in harmony with nature. However, over time, they began cultivating crops, forging and using metal, fighting wars, destroying nature, and neglecting to honor their ancestral spirits.
In the meantime, various locations in Mizuho suffered from natural disasters like flooding, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions. In order to stop a destructive eruption, the Queen of Mizuho, Tsukuyomi, sacrificed her beloved daughter Sakuya to the mountain, confined her other daughter Kaguya within a bamboo seal in case of future disasters, and then disappeared. 13 years later, Princess Kaguya has grown into a beautiful woman and her childhood friend, Kintaro, saves her during a riot. She rises against her “fate to be a sacrifice,” and in order to follow her own path, they both escape from Fuji and journey across Mizuho to discover the truth behind Tsukuyomi’s decision.
- A tale steeped in Japanese tradition – Step into Japan as you have never before seen it, and discover the wonder has that captivated orators, storytellers, and generations of people. Discover their stories, and meet the Myriad gods.
- A wealth of customization and tactics – Customize 14 playable characters from more than 30 classes with 400+ skills and more than 250 unique pieces of equipment as you mold your party to face each new challenge.
- Visuals from another age – Inspired by traditional Japanese ink painting and wood carving art, the artwork of God Wars will transport players to an age filled with mythology and wonder.
If you’re interested in the Limited Edition, there’s less than 50% of stock left in North America.
[Source: NIS America]