Folks over at Digital Foundry have spent weeks going through every game that “purports to offer native ultra HD gaming” to come up with a list of games that are actually offering native 4K, 60 frames-per-second on the PlayStation 4 Pro. In doing so, the team also compiled a list of titles that fall a little short in some areas, those that offer native 4K but 30fps, and those that are simply using upscaling techniques. Without further ado, here they are:
Pure, native 4K 60fps titles available right now:
- FIFA 17 (some 30fps camera modes)
- Hustle Kings (HDR support)
- Mantis Burn Racing (HDR support)
- NBA 2K17 (some 30fps camera modes)
- Neon Chrome
- Pro Evolution Soccer 17 (some 30fps camera modes)
- Rez Infinite (Area X may be sub-4K)
- Viking Squad
- Wheels of Aurelia
Still handing in an impressive 4K 60fps experience, but just falling short in a couple of areas:
- Bound (geometry-only 4K)
- Diablo 3 (dynamic scaling)
- Farming Simulator 17 (wobbly frame-rate)
- Smite (dynamic scaling)
Native 4K, 30fps (Note: Digital Foundry still has a couple of titles to test here):
- Assassin’s Creed: the Ezio Collection
- The Last of Us Remastered (1800p60 mode also included)
- The Witness (1080p60 and 1440p60 modes also included)
- The Elder Scrolls Online
Games running sub-natively or using upscaling techniques:
- Darksiders Warmastered Edition (1620p)
- Futuridium EP Deluxe (1080p – awaiting Pro patch?)
- Helldivers (checkerboard 2160p)
- Let It Die (1440p)
Have our readers played any of these games on the PS4 Pro? Let us know what you think.
[Source: Digital Foundry]
There's no release date yet.
Take a break from eating Halloween candy and hunt down an all-new bounty!
A whole new model of content and narrative delivery.
Though its release is set for after the PS5 launch.
Come see what's new in the PlayStation Store Update Worldwide
Download it now on the PS Store.