In case you didn’t know, veteran studio Ready at Dawn’s next game is almost out and it’s all about multiplayer action. Simply titled Deformers (or De-formers), it’s a third-person arena combat game that isn’t a shooter, but focuses more on melee combat. Think of it like Nintendo’s Smash Bros. but in third-person, and you’re controlling killer blobs.
Set to come out this April 21 for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC, check out the game features players can expect from Deformers straight from the game’s website.
Deformers takes place in arenas where players control “Forms” and battle in the quest to reign over other players. Deformers delivers unique, tactile game play for those who love to show off their skills, determination, and domination.
- Conquer your opponents using Powers and your Form’s ability to roll, jump, dash, shoot, throw, and defend.
- Consume the remains of your defeated opponents and other objects in the world to become bigger and stronger.
- All skill levels can jump in and enjoy the simple game mechanics.
- Multiplayer options provide a social setting for a group of friends to compete and have a great time.
- Compete in Social Combat. Games are better when bragging rights are part of the experience.
While Deformers is primarily a digital game that can be bought from the PlayStation Store, Xbox Marketplace, a physical edition will also be sold for $29.99 exclusively at GameStop. There’s also a The Deformers Collector’s Edition that will also be available via GameStop and is priced at $39.99, and will include:
- Physical copy of Deformers and custom Steelbook case
- Deformers soundtrack disc (composed by Austin Wintory)
- Four vinyl figurines featuring some of our most lovable characters
- Stickers including the Deformers logo, Pugglesworth (pug), and Sue (sushi) Forms
Quite a departure from Ready at Dawn’s last game (The Order: 1886), eh? Keep an eye out for our Deformers review hitting the site soon.