Darkest Dungeon Update 1.07 on PS4 & PS Vita Adds Radiant Mode and More
Adding Radiant Mode, new monsters, tweaks, fixes, and more, Darkest Dungeon update 1.07 is now available to download on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita.
Requiring a new save, Radiant Mode isn’t designed as an easy mode, but rather “the intent is to adjust things that typically affect the time it takes to build up your roster and assault the Darkest Dungeon.” With Radiant Mode, Red Hook is hoping to get the completion time down to around 40 hours, and you can see how they’ve done that in the patch notes:
- Never Again changed: heroes are now allowed to return to the Darkest Dungeon. However, they will undergo significant stress upon doing so, and are more likely to become afflicted instead of virtuous when in the Darkest Dungeon.
- More Power Leveling flexibility: Heroes of up to Level 4 may enter Novice dungeons. Any hero may enter a Veteran or Champion dungeon.
- Stage Coach can now be upgraded to allow the appearance of new recruits starting at up to Level 4. Increased chance of upgraded recruits appearing. Reduced cost of Upgraded Recruits upgrades.
- Accelerated hero XP progression
- Hero upgrade and treatment cost scaling by level reduced
- Returned provisions now give slightly more money back
- Higher Light conditions confer slightly more to party DEF bonuses.
- Accelerated Region Progression
- Town Events trigger more frequently to compensate for shorter playtime
Tweaks to Stage Coach
- Added another upgrade tier to Experienced Recruits (Lvl 4 Characters will now appear)
- Changed Experienced Recruit requirements. (Lvl1 now requires Lvl 1 Blacksmith and Guild)
- New Stage Coach population option to use a Deck based system. (This can be used onall modes). New Stagecoach generation method that gives a more even long-term distribution and also favors healers more, since they are the backbone of most parties. This can be toggled off in the Options menu if you wish to still ride the bittersweet wave of total RNG.
If you experience any issues with class appearance at your stagecoach, Red Hook says to turn off the Deck Based Stage Coach system option (it’s enabled by default). They’re hoping to have a fix out for this alongside The Crimson Court DLC.
And here’s everything else included in the latest Darkest Dungeon update:
- Renamed NG+ to Stygian
- Stygian can now be selected when starting a new campaign, instead of requiring completion of Darkest mode first.
- More stress, higher darkness penalties, more light loss per step, higher trap diff, enemy HP bump from 15% (prev) to 20%, slightly higher monster crits…overall slightly more deadly
- Time limit reduced to 86 weeks and hero death limit dropped to 12
- You can now continue playing after the time limit on your Stygian mode game after successfully completing the game
- Added 4 new monsters (Bone Bearer, Hateful Virago, Swine Skiver, and Squiffy Ghast) that appear in Champion level Dungeons – welcome aboard, Dana!
- Caw! Caw! Added New Trinket Recovery Quest – When a party wipe occurs, trinkets are no longer lost! There is a way to recover them. Exactly what that way is, we leave for you to discover; Trinkets are no longer recoverable from fallen characters after retreating.
- Two new Town Events
- Added New Variations to Dungeon Map Generation!
- Fix for users reporting increased cpu usage
- Tavern and Abbey complete side-effects rebalance and some new side effects added. Goal is to make neither Tavern or Abbey preferable over another, and also add more interest.
- Fixed Provision Discount Town Event description so all languages should show up correctly.
- Quests that will trigger a Town Event: links are now clearly shown
- The Cove Gather mission now triggers “Lost and Found” Town Event instead of “Supply Run” Town Event upon successful completion.
- Adjustments to chances of getting quirks at quest end. Slightly increased chances in both cases for interest.
- New quirk: “skilled gambler”. Bad Gambler and Skilled Gambler functionality improved.
- Stagecoach Upgraded Recruits: adjusted number of pos and neg quirks they start with to ensure they are still valuable. Reduced cost of the Upgraded Recruits upgrades.
- Secret Rooms are no longer guaranteed in every dungeon.
- Quest Trinket rewards: better logic for supplying trinket rewards in cases where the designated trinkets aren’t available.
- Heirloom Chest now more profitable after using key
- Added new treasure: “Jute Tapestry” (functions as a very rare gem worth 5,000 gold)
- Added “Party” selection type to camp skills to help make the skills more clear.
- Tweaked Roster sort so that Characters in Party are arranged in their party formation.
- Added Skill Equip warning when trying to embark without all skills equipped
- Added Food Embark warning when trying to embark without much food
- Skills will now auto-equip when purchased and have room. (This will be most noticed with purchasing your 4th camping skill.)
- After several angry phone calls from Vvulf, he is now properly tagged as a boss.
- (Radiant and Darkest modes) Vvulf quest and Vvulf himself not quite as tough, and also won’t appear before week 40 minimum.
- Veteran and Champion Skeletal Defenders now have the tools to live up to their namesake.
- Tweaked Trinket Embark Warning to be % based. You are now warned on L3 and L5 dungeons when you have less than half equipped.
- Adjusted cooldowns on town events up a bit, to reduce repetition
- DARKEST and STYGIAN modes: Final battle tuned up some to give a bit more challenge.
- Adjusted Nomad Wagon stock rarity (Rare trinkets are now more rare)
- Added Town Event Description in the reward section for related Quests.
- Added Subtitle Location Option: Top or Bottom
- Added border FX for Ancestral Trinkets and Boss Trophies
- Added FX to Dungeon Region experience bars on increase
- Added in new art for all missing Curio states. Welcome aboard Trudi!
- Added Date/Time to save slots
- Added option to disable party first sort in roster list.
- Updated journal fonts.
- Fix to the background image in DD Quest 3.
- Journal pages (written by KS backers) will now appear more frequently!
- DD Talisman now reduces damage from Revelation skill by 100% instead of adding 100% protection. The latter wasn’t working because of the internal PROT cap.
- Added new syntax for Ability tool-tips with self buffs (buffs that last x/rounds), and removed syntax for instant-buff abilities (i.e. +%DMG to Mark)
- Added new Loot Window Text for recovering fallen hero trinkets after retreating from battle. (No longer says: VICTORY!)
- Fix to % Move modifiers not working properly.
- Fix to map boss tooltip and scouting and checkmark.
- Fix to graveyard not showing dead heroes.
- Fix to bug involving wearing to -100% food consumption trinkets on one character affecting all party members.
- Fix to incompatible quirk problem.
- Fix to remove buffs that persisted after death when resurrecting heroes.
- Fix to Level 6 heroes getting benefit from Town Event resolve levels.
- Fix to Hag’s Cauldron activity log text.
- Fix to tutorial cursor changing.
- Fix to the mysterious mini-map tiles disappearing or traps being shown as scouted when they aren’t.
- Fix to map not being forced during scouting curio result.
- Removed ability to target / select move when classes are immobilized.
- Render announcements over character barks.
- Added pulse animation on controller highlight for skills in character sheet.
- Realm inventory UI cleanup
- Moved tutorial option to other instead of gameplay so its saved app wide.
- Updated Town Fair town event text to accurately state that all treatment facilities are free.
- Plot quest reward trinkets, (Trophy/Darkest Dungeon Talisman) are no longer valid for trinket retention because you can never lose them.
- Added New Batch of 200+ Community Party Names. (NO LOC for these yet, they will all be in English for now)
- Uncapped Trap Disarms (100% or more should always succeed now)
- Fixed Quirk Descriptions
- Fixed to a town even cooldown bug
- Added new art for each dungeon regions starting room.
- New Option: Game Menu > Options > Other > Auto-Center Dungeon Map: (Default: ON) Dungeon map will auto-center on party when idle.
- Fixed Activity log not displaying money lost from activity correctly
- Fixed missing sound for Eldritch Altar
- Fixed to FX when disarming traps
- Updated Marquee text
- Swintaur: updated fx
- Various tool-tip fixes.
- Fixed various typos
- Various UI tweaks
Economy Adjustments to Radiant and Darkest modes:
- Economy was too gold starved across the board, including mid and late game.
- Slightly reduced cost of Hero Treatment.
- Reduced hero weapon and armour upgrade costs.
- Reduced cost of upgrading hero skills final two levels
- Increased gold drops and gold stacking from 1,500 to 1,750
- (all modes) Rebalanced gem drops and changed gem values. Net result is much higher values of gems dropping as difficulty of missions progress.
- Gems now all stack to 5 instead of 4
- Adjusted Antiquarian values to be in line with Economy changes to ensure she’s still profitable.
Asked if the patch includes new Trophies, Red Hook said, “No new Trophies with this patch. As far as we know we are unable to add trophies via a patch. They must be part of DLC.”
Expect a price/release date announcement for The Crimson Court DLC in the coming weeks.