Update (May 18): Another ARK: Survival Evolved update has gone live on PS4. This one fixes the localization problems, allowing you to “play in German / French etc.”
Original Story: Pushed live at 1:30pm PT, ARK: Survival Evolved update v507 is now available to download on PlayStation 4, weighing in at 8.8GB. The Xbox One version of the patch should be up shortly.
Here’s the full list of patch notes:
- TEK Cave & Volcano
- New Dino: Giant Bee
- New Dino: Daeodon
- New Dino: Liopleurodon
- New Dino: Kentrosaurus
- New Structure: Tek Cloning Chamber
- New Structure: Tek Megalodon Saddle
- New Structure: Tek Turret
- New Weapon: Tek Grenade
- “Ascension” Game Progression
- More UI overhauls
- New Hairstyle and Facial Hair
- Approximately 20+ New Explorer Notes
- 15 new music tracks, per-biome and situational
- Fixed issue with Cave spawns not functioning properly in singleplayer
- The Center mega-update!
- Engram Tree Revamp – With the forced level reset and cap at 100, Unofficials which have custom Levels/EXP will need to add an additional 15 levels to make up for Ascension.
- New Emote
- Anglers can now gather pearls
In the next console patch for ARK: Survival Evolved, Studio Wildcard and Abstraction Games will let you “hold down the map key to quickly switch between Whistle Groups. Toggling NAMES!! (yes!!) and the regular options (HUD/3rd person) – no longer hotbar based. This means you can hide your dino names in your breeding pens.”
What do you think of the new update?