For this weekend only, Infinity Ward has introduced a new mode to Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare that has players killing enemies with gestures. Aptly titled Gesture Warfare, it comes with a score limit of 20 and assigns the following nine gestures to players in a random order:
- Head Crush
- Bang Bang
- You’re Dead
- Jackal Toy
- R-C8 Toy
- Light It Up
Here’s how the mode works, in the developer’s own words:
• Every kill with a gesture (or by launching the Flick Black Hole) will cycle to another gesture, like Gun Game
• Not only will you have gestures at your disposal, you’ll also be able to scavenge ammo after getting 1 kill per life. You’ll also have a lethal Throwing Knife. But why add weapons? We want you to play how you want, but with the option of using gestures and the normal combat you’re used to. Also, different gestures have different times to kill, so you’ll still be able to be effective when you get caught in surprise combat situations
• How do you use the gestures? Two ways. You can use the D-pad, which most of you are already comfortable using or you can also use your tactical grenade button
• Why is this a thing? Because we like creating things and well…lunch conversations tend to spark a lot of cool ideas, especially when it’s about how fun it would be to eliminate an enemy with the Bang Bang gesture
• Pro tip! Using the D-pad to kill with a gesture will circumvent the 5 second lethal delay at the start of a match!
Gesture Warfare is already live, and will end on Monday, September 25. You can check out a trailer above.