Fortnite Update Now Live, Includes Stability Fixes
Epic Games have released a new Fortnite update that adds in “general stability fixes.” The update just went live at 10:30 PM eastern, and no downtime is expected to occur. It’s a minor update compared to recent patches.
Here’s the full Fortnite update announcement from Epic Games’ website:
We will be pushing a rolling update tonight at 10:30 PM EST. The update will include some general stability fixes, however, no downtime is expected. Players will need to exit their client/game in order to update.
These stability fixes comes after Fortnite update 1.21 was released earlier this week. A major patch, this added in a new horde mode, and a lot of other changes. Here’s the 411 on the patch earlier this week:
HORDE BASH – SAVE THE WORLD
- Challenge the Horde
- Construct Your Fort
- Enter the Staging Area and build your Portable Horde Fort.
- Use your custom fort in all Challenge the Horde adventures.
- Your fort carries over to each new mission!
- Gather wood, stone, metal and traps for your base from the new Horde mode skill tree.
- Bring It Into Battle!
- When your squad is prepared, proceed to the combat zone and face off against hordes of husks!
- Each zone includes 3-5 challenges, each with increased difficulty.
- The final hex hosts especially tough challenges for veteran players.
- Each challenge pits you and your squad up against 10 waves of enemies.
- Gameplay modifiers are introduced as the waves progress, increasing the difficulty of your foes in a variety of dastardly ways.
- Certain waves throw a large number of a certain enemy type at you. How many Lobbers, Sploders, or Smashers can your fort handle?
- Earn skill points to unlock additional resources.
- Harvesting is disabled in Challenge the Horde zones.
- Resources are granted at the start of combat, and at the end of each successfully completed combat wave
- Use these resources to craft weapons, place traps, and expand or repair your fortifications.
- Nodes in the Horde skill tree increase the amount of wood, stone, metal, trap crafting ingredients, weapon crafting ingredients, and ammo dropped each wave.
- Every member of the team can bring one Defender, and will start the Challenge with a few free Defender posts.
- Scavenger Tickets
- Players can receive Scavenger Tickets and Horde Skill Points upon successfully completing Horde Challenges.
- Up to six times every 24 hours.
- Quests grant additional Scavenger Tickets the first time you complete all of the Challenges in each zone.
- Event Quests / Rewards
- The new Scavenger Llama in the store holds four new Heroes, and nine new Weapons.
- Earn the Scavenger currency by completing quests and playing in Horde Bash events.
- 25+ Quests that allow you to progress through the Challenge the Horde event. These quests include rewards that range from Scavenger Tickets to Legendary Items!
- Complete the third Challenge in the 15 power Horde zone to earn a choice of Epic Melee or Ranged Scavenger Weapon Schematic.
- If you and your squad manage to complete the 5th tier in a 70 power zone, you will be rewarded with a Legendary Scavenger Hero of your choice.
- 20+ Scavenger Quests with rewards that range from Scavenger tickets to a few high-value items!
- Complete the “Mission Alert!” Quests to earn one Epic Scavenger Hero.
- Need a Legendary Defender? Complete the quest “Die, Husks, Die! – Stage 8” to earn one!
- New Repeatable Event Quests
- Perpetual Storms will award a choice of upgrade ingredients.
- Introducing four new Scavenger Heroes with several new, never-before-seen perks.
- Raider Soldier – Close-range combatant with Shockwave and shotgun perks.
- Gunblazer Outlander – Pistol-packing Outlander adept at scrounging up ammo.
- Machinist Constructor – Uses the B.A.S.E. to supercharge traps.
- Energy Thief Ninja – Generates energy by striking foes in melee combat.
- Limited-time “Mission Alert!” quests reward one Epic Scavenger hero of each class
- Earned by completing mission alerts (in Horde or the normal theaters) while using a hero of the specified class.
- All of these new heroes are also available in the Scavenger Llama pack.
- Nine new weapons introduced with the Scavenger Weapon set. These weapons are much cheaper to craft than usual, but have somewhat reduced durability.
- Two new Defenders to help protect your fort! Recruit them and get them on the front line, Commander!
- Each defender can be earned by completing event quests, and found in all the usual Llama packs, (upgrade llama, people llama, etc) even after the event ends.
Fortnite is available now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
[Source: Epic Games’ website]