Heaven help us all if Chandler ever receives this error code, because it means his precious trophies may be at risk. PS4 Error Code NP-32091-5 is a random error than can hit any game at any time. It means that it cannot sync trophies with the PSN, and this error doesn’t always occur while you are trying to manually sync the trophies. Sadly, the cause for this is still unknown, even after it first popped up in 2013.
But I suppose discussion regarding Sony getting their shit together is for another time and another place. For now, let’s see what we can do about this potentially egregious error.
For starters, it could be a hiccup. If you haven’t Platinumed the game just yet, try to get a couple more trophies and manually sync one more time. This sometimes pushes the sync through and resolves the issue.
Database Rebuild Solution
If that doesn’t work, you’ll need to try to rebuild your PS4 database. Don’t worry; rebuilding the database will not delete anything—not your saves, your downloaded games, trophy information, or anything else.
- Turn off the PS4 system.
- Hold down the power button until you hear it beep twice. This takes roughly 7 seconds.
- Plug in your DualShock 4 controller with the USB cable and hit the PS button. Now you’re going to Safe Mode.
- Select “Rebuild Database.”
- Once it’s complete, you can check on your trophies.
PS4 User Profile Solution
If rebuilding the database did not work, you will need to delete and re-create your PS4 User Profile.
- Back up your save files to either the PS+ cloud or to a USB stick.
- Create a new guest user and don’t link a PSN account. The default name will be “User1,” and that’s fine for these purposes.
- Log in as User1, and then head to Settings > Initialize > Delete Main Profile. All save data will be deleted as well as any bugged and unsynced trophies. However, all of the downloaded games will remain.
- Create your main profile once again, linking it back to your PSN account.
- You will have to earn those lost trophies again, but now everything should sync without a hitch.
Let us know if you have a different solution below!