The Final Reich is the first map in Sledgehammer’s dark Call of Duty: WWII Nazi Zombies saga. Get ready for a lot of scares and a really tough fight ahead as you seek to find every Nazi Zombies Easter egg. For this iteration, Sledgehammer have made the game a little more accessible, offering a guided “casual” path and the more traditional hardcore secret Easter eggs that lead to the true ending. Neither one is going to be easy, so prepare for a challenge as you take down hordes of the undead and a mad Nazi doctor.
- Communicate. You can jump into an online match and play with random people, but Nazi Zombies is much easier with communication between people who share a common goal. With multiple objectives, numerous Easter eggs, and tons of secrets, it’s worth tackling the undead Nazis together.
- Get perks early. Things like increased sprint speed, more bullet damage, and faster reloads might not seem like a good investment at first, but trust me, you’ll be wanting them later on.
- Learn the map. Being able to quickly navigate the labyrinthine passageways of The Final Reich is important for not only escaping zombies, but also completing the various objectives. Take some time to learn the layout and know how to get to to different weapons, power ups, and places quickly.
- Customize your loadout. After level 5, you’ll be able to customize your loadout with different abilities. Make the most of this to suit your own playstyle and to coordinate with people you play with. There are some genereal perks, as well as perks that enhance the four special abilities. Use these unlocks to help things be a little bit easier.
- Upgrade your weapons. As the waves get stronger, you’ll really wish you had this. Undertake this task as early as possible to have the option open. See below for how to upgrade weapons.
How To Upgrade Weapons
Players may be familiar with the term “Pack-a-punch,” which was what previous Zombies modes called powering up weapons. In Nazi Zombies, it is simply called a weapon upgrade station.
- Once you can get into the sewers, you’ll see a large circular cage in the middle of the underground area. The weapon upgrade station is in the middle of this cage.
- Nearby the cage, beside one of the pillars in the underground room is a small gray box with a light on top. Getting near it will prompt you to press square to activate the disposal tubes.
- Once the tubes are active you’ll need to find all three of them and drop down, pressing the button that they bring you to in order to raise the cage. Each one costs 250 jolts to ride through.
- The first one is in the command room, just to the right of where you get the Grease Gun.
- The second one is behind the tower. You’ll need to open a few gates to get back here.
- The final one is in the lab area underground.
After all three are activated and the cage is raised, you can upgrade your weapons for 5000 jolts. The price seems steep, but it is well worth it. Upgrading your weapons will give your gun a cool liquid metallic look.