Ghost Games has rolled out a number of progression updates for Need for Speed Payback following community feedback and analysis of in-game data. Over on Reddit, the developer said that it aims to make progression and ownership of cars “a much more enjoyable experience” with the following changes:
- Increased the amount of REP awarded by taking part in events.
- Increased the amount of Bank awarded by taking part in events.
- Bait crates now reward increased REP.
- Bait crates now reward increased Bank.
- Competing against a Roaming Racer will reward you with increased REP.
- Competing against a Roaming Racer will reward you with increased Bank.
- Air Suspension will now appear more frequently within Shipments.
- Slightly increased REP and Bank for finishing an event outside of first place.
That’s not all, however. Ghost Games has said that further tweaks are in the pipeline and will be rolled out in due course.
Coming shortly will be some changes to the way tune-up shops work, especially around the quality / level of parts they stock. More on that soon.
It is worth noting that we do encourage you to recycle your speed cards for tokens. Targeted rolls are a very good alternative to tune-up shops. Definitely worth buying out the parts from the tune-up shop and recycling them.
We’ll update our readers when the upcoming changes are live.