Bandai Namco announced today that first “Extra Pack” for Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 is available starting today for the PlayStation 4. Alongside the extra pack, out for the game is the free update with a brand new Hero Colosseum Mode.
The new Extra Pack 1 is a paid piece of downloadable content for the game, though no pricing information was revealed at the time of the announcement. The pack includes 4 new playable characters, a new instructor, 5 new quests, and much more, including:
- 4 playable characters: Tapion, Android 13, Dabura and Buu (Gohan absorbed)
- Zamasu as an instructor
- 5 new parallel quests
- 13 new skills
- 4 new costumes
- 2 titles
- 8 Super Souls
In addition to the Extra Pack, the free downloadable content that includes the Hero Colosseum mode is also available, and brings the figurine battling genre to the world of Xenoverse 2:
- New Hero Colosseum mode – a new battlefield where players can use their digital figurines in this strategic board game. As all the characters, each figurine has different rarities and skills
- New expert mission featuring Android 13, Buu (Gohan absorbed), Dabura and Zamasu
- New raid quest against Fused Zamasu
- Customiaable BGM (background music).
- Additional items to the TP Medal Shop
The interesting dynamic in the Hero Colosseum mode seems to be that when your figurines battle, it transports them into a stage where they fight on their own, which certainly looks better than just two figurines shaking back and forth on a board. Hero Colosseum will be available for free this coming Autumn for all versions of the game. The figurines in the new mode will all have different rarities and skills, and the new mode will also offer a new expert mission, raid quest, and customizable background music.
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 is available now.