It’s been a while since we first learned about the imaginatively named, PC/console game, Hover: Revolt of Gamers. The game was showcased back during PlayStation Experience 2017. Later on, we also found out that game is going to offer feature cross-platform play on both consoles and PC. Today, Playdius and Midgar Studio confirmed that the game is officially going to arrive on PlayStation 4 on September 18, 2018. It will hover over to Xbox One on September 19th and to the Switch on September 20th.
Here are the game’s main features:
- An Amazing City: Hover City is a huge futuristic colorful city. Its buildings offer breathtaking vertical playgrounds.
- Astonishing Moves: Slide, bounce, dash and wall-jump through Hover City thanks to your high-tech suit.
- Online Multiplayer: Join your friends online at any time and continue the adventure together, whether you are cooperating or working against them. Participate in race, events or scoring battles created in real time by the community.
- Level-Up Mechanics: Gain experience and unlock chips that improve the aptitudes of your character. You can trade your spare chips in order to get better ones through the E-Swap trading system.
- A Customizable Experience: Instantly switch from single to multiplayer, whenever you want. Play first or third person or activate the auto camera that mixes both and offers you a dynamic experience.
- A Dynamic J-Pop-Inspired Soundtrack: Composed by Cedric Menendez, with the participation of Hideki Naganuma (Jet Set Radio, Yakuza series).
Considering just how important cross-platform play is these days, especially for the PS4, we will no doubt be keeping an eye on Hover. Let us know in the comments if you are keen on this one.