Rainbow Six Siege Operation Grim Sky Brings 2 New Operators and Reworked Hereford Base
The third season of Ubisoft has officially confirmed that Operation Grim Sky, which marks the beginning of the third year’s third Season for Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege.
Operation Grim Sky has begun, but there are some details to remember. When it comes to the two new operators, people with the Year 3 Rainbow Six Siege Pass can already begin using them. Those who do not have the Year 3 Pass, you will be able to unlock the Operators on September 11, 2018 via Renown or R6 Credits.
Here are the official profiles for Rainbow Six Siege’s new operators:
- Maverick, an American attacker from the Unit who is a Hard Breacher. Thanks to his Suri Torch gadget, he is capable of breaching any surface including reinforced walls.
- Clash is a new British Defender with an expertise on mob behavior and snatch-squad tactics. She is a tough veteran, and a leading expert in riot control. Clash is notable for her Crowd Control Electro (CCE) Shield, which can slow down and damage nearby enemies thanks to its Taser, discouraging pushes and encouraging retreats.
The Hereford Base map update should open people’s eyes. The entire map has been adjusted. It will look a little different, it will flow differently as you play, and it should feel more balanced.
Once you head into Operation Grim Sky, you will notice the following adjustments and improvements:
- Correction of the weapon sights misalignment that caused automatic weapon to diverge from where the reticle was positioned.
- From now on if players are not able to select an Operator before the end of the selection phase, they will no longer be assigned Recruit, but will be assigned a random Operator from the list they have already unlocked.
- Ability to mute the text or voice chat of each player individually.
- Hatch Reinforcements will now allow for partial destruction.
- Finally, in addition to gameplay and technical fixes, players can expect some map balancing adjustments on Consulate.
For even more details about Rainbow Six Siege‘s Operation Grim Sky, check out our previous report.