Another Indie has released a new trailer for its “boss battler action-RPG,” SINNER: Sacrifice for Redemption. The final release date is revealed after an exciting montage of some of the intense boss battles driving the whole experience. SINNER: Sacrifice for Redemption will launch for the PlayStation 4, the Xbox One, and the Nintendo Switch on October 18, 2018. Later in the year it will hit PC as a First on Discord release, then land on Steam sometime after that.
Here is that SINNER: Sacrifice for Redemption trailer.
While SINNER invites some of the usual Dark Souls comparisons, it has a unique hook that will likely attract the hardcore gaming populace. Its theme of sacrifice extends to the mechanics, as after every boss battle you defeat, you’ll have to choose a stat to sacrifice, actually losing “levels” as you progress through the game. So in addition to the skill-based combat, there will be a tangible difficulty curve as well.
Here is a story summary of SINNER: Sacrifice for Redemption and a list of key features from its Steam listing:
A lone warrior stands on a strange shore, his mind clouded and his past forgotten, but an unstoppable force drives him on. He is Adam, guilty of a great sin and drawn to this place by powers as secret as they are terrifying. As his home, the Kingdom of Cavanis, languishes in blasphemy, Adam must face a series of trials in a desperate quest for redemption.
- Challenge yourself against eight distinct, brutal bosses
- Sacrifice strength and stats in Sinner’s “level-down” gameplay
- Equip a plethora of unlockable weapons and items to adapt to your weaknesses
- Master Sinner’s hard-but-fair combat
- Bring peace to a tortured soul in a dark and harrowing tale with multiple endings
- Take on new challenges in a variety of game modes for replayability