Following a leaked video of an alleged RPG set within the Harry Potter universe, some might have assumed that Rocksteady was the developing team behind it. According to another rumor that surfaced today on Resetera and various subreddits, the studio tied to that Harry Potter game is supposedly Avalanche Software, which also happens to be a Warner Bros. studio. Rocksteady’s apparent new title will be another addition to the Arkham series, called Batman: Arkham Universe and will supposedly be announced at X018. For those that were excited about rumors regarding a Justice League or Superman title, it seems you’ll have to put that dream on hold for a while.
The whistleblower that dropped this hint also provided an intriguing amount of supposed game details for Batman: Arkham Universe:
- Release Date: Fall 2019
- Current Gen: XB1/1X/PS4/PS4Pro/PC
- Single player/Co-op/Multiplayer(specific modes)
- Characters include the entire Batfamily: Batman, Robin(Tim), Nightwing, Batgirl, Batwoman, Catwoman, Red Hood
- Gotham is about 1.5x the size of AK. Districts and neighborhoods have gone through complete overhaul.
- Gotham is now a “living, breathing city”
- Set Time of Day/Weather(Rain,Overcast,Snow)
- There are random crimes such as car chases, bank robberies, muggings, and so forth.
- Main Villain: Court of Owls
- Story takes inspiration from the different Court of Owls storylines.
- Every character is available in free roam.
- Batman has a redesigned Batmobile(transport only) and the other characters have their cycles
- Batcave serves as main hub for upgrades, character swaps, new missions, game modes
- Game plays similar to past Arkham games, but there are new options for co-op: Dual takedowns in combat/stealth.
- Stealth segments make you work together
- Parkour has been expanded. Characters move a lot quicker and more fluid.
- Main gadgets are the same except for a couple new additions.
- New enemy types include Talons and Pilots(enemies that hover the battlefield, you have to either use a gadget or dual
- takedown to get them down)
- Talons are the same as the ninja types from Arkham Knight. They can counter your counters and also have their own gadgets(knife, throwing knife)
- Game takes place in the Arkhamverse, obviously
- This is supposed to be Rocksteady’s true “last hoorah” of Batman games.
What sounds insanely cool about this rumor is the inclusion of multiplayer. What fans of the series wouldn’t want to explore Gotham and take on enemies together by being synchronized badasses?
But again, this is just a rumor. The prospect is certainly an exciting one, but we shouldn’t fire up the hype train just yet.
How are we feeling about the prospect of a co-op Batman title? Let us know in the comments.