With a record 13 nominations, The Last of Us Part II was poised to win a few BAFTAs this year. Ultimately, the Naughty Dog title took home three awards: fan-voted Game of the Year, Best Animation, and Best Performer in a Leading Role for Laura Bailey as Abby.
Elsewhere, Insomniac Games’ Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales won the Best Music category and Sucker Punch’s Ghost of Tsushima won Audio Achievement. The night’s big winner was Supergiant Games’ Hades, which won Best Game and four other awards.
The full list of winners is as follows:
- Best Game – Hades
- British Game – Sackboy: A Big Adventure
- Animation – The Last of Us Part 2
- Artistic Achievement – Hades
- Audio Achievement – Ghost of Tsushima
- Debut Game – Carrion
- Evolving Game – Sea of Thieves
- Family Game – Sackboy: A Big Adventure
- Game Beyond Entertainment – Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Game Design – Hades
- Multiplayer Game – Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Music – Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
- Narrative – Hades
- Original Property – Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition
- Performer in a Leading Role – Laura Bailey as Abby in The Last of Us Part 2
- Performer in a Supporting Role – Logan Cunningham as Hades, Achilles, Poseidon, Asterius, Charon, and the Storyteller in Hades
- EE Game of the Year (Voted by the Public) – The Last of Us Part 2
As previously announced, Media Molecule director Siobhan Reddy walked away with BAFTA’s coveted fellowship for “creating innovative, genre-bending entertainment, and a community of creative collaborators” while fostering an inclusive environment. She has been lauded for being “a strong advocate for diversity, equality, and inclusion.”
Any surprises for our readers in this list?