Devolver Digital and Flying Wild Hog have announced that Shadow Warrior 3 will now release in 2022 instead of 2021. Breaking away from the traditional Twitter apologies and explanations, the companies chose to release an “official 2022 delay trailer.”
There isn’t much to see in the video below expect for some goofiness. Flying Wild Hog has said that it needs more time to make a quality product, and will announce a release date in due course.
Shadow Warrior 3 will send Lo Wang and his sidekick Orochi Zilla on a mission to recapture an ancient dragon. They have to traverse dangerous territories to track the creature down and prevent an apocalypse. The game is set in neo feudal Japan.
- Bring a Katana to a Gunfight – Conduct a symphony of death with each encounter by mixing overwhelming firepower with devastatingly precise katana strikes as you dash in and around the demonic hordes.
- Fancy Footwork – Flow between nimble movement techniques including air dashes, wall running, double jumps, and the fancy new grappling hook busts your combat and movement options wide open in every battle.
- Execute Then Annihilate – Execute spectacular finishing moves to claim a piece of your conquered foe and unleash its powers back on the horde in a burst of unstoppable fury and powerful magic.
- Dynamic Combat Arenas – Each environment is lined with hazardous structures and devices that can be activated to add another layer of creative choice to the offensive strategy.
- Neo Feudal Japan – Trek across a mythic Asian land infused with the magic and technology of ancient samurai, now overrun by the demonic yokai from Japanese folklore.
- Funny Business – Brace for expertly delivered one-liners from Lo Wang, pointed banter with Zilla, and an intense thrillride of absurd predicaments on the way to turning doomsday into a new day.
We’ll update our readers when a release date is announced.