PlayStation Confirms Huge Change to PS5 Games on PC Going Forward
(Image Credits: PlayStation Studios)

PlayStation Confirms Huge Change to PS5 Games on PC Going Forward

Sony Interactive Entertainment is following through with a new update regarding PlayStation 5 games on PC, confirming recent rumors in the process.

What change is coming to PS5 games on PC?

According to a new report from Bloomberg, PlayStation studio business CEO Hermen Hulst told staff at a town hall on Monday that the company would no longer be releasing single-player games on PC.

According to Bloomberg, employees on-hand were told that multiplayer titles like Marathon and the upcoming Marvel Tokon: Fighting Souls will still release on PC, but that single-player titles like Ghost of Yotei, future Spider-Man titles, and more will stay on PlayStation consoles exclusively.

The confirmation comes following rumors that PlayStation would be trimming back its PC releases earlier this year. According to reports in February, PlayStation was considering changing its approach to things, but now we know it’s happening for sure. As for why, no explicit reason was given, but PlayStation’s sales on PC likely are one. The games that have released on PC have not sold very well, and perhaps PlayStation prefers not to damage the console’s brands and future sales of hardware.

Bloomberg’s report notes that employees cautioned that things could change in the future, so it’s not guaranteed that single-player titles will always stay off PC. As of now, though, it seems like the final two single-player games to make their way to PC will be the recently released Death Stranding 2 and the upcoming Kena: Scares of Kosmora.

(Source: Bloomberg)

X