Miku Sings Vita to 500% Sales Increase
Behold the power of one single game. PS Vita sales shot up 500% this week, from 10,000 to 50,000, thanks in large part to claiming exclusive dibs on the nation’s best-selling game, Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f. As reported in PlayStation JapanStyle, we could all see big sales coming, but I didn’t expect it to have this big an impact.
This past Spring, Vita sales cooled down to about an average of 10,000 units per week, exceptions coming along with highly anticipated software such as Persona 4: Golden, Gravity Daze, and Gundam Seed Battle Destiny. To see it shift 50,000 while only having one single game on the top 30 sales charts is testament to the power of one piece of software. Sega and Sony are now probably hoping that it has some legs.
Here are the final hardware results for the week:
3DS – 74,293
PSV – 50,070
PS3 – 12,433
PSP – 10,266
WII – 8,680
The 10 best selling pieces of software were:
1. (PSV) Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f
2. (3DS) Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
3. (3DS) Senran Kagura Burst: Guren no Shoujotachi
4. (3DS) New Super Mario Bros. 2
5. (PS3) Hyperdimension Neptunia V
6. (PS3) Sengoku Basara HD Collection
7. (NDS) Pokemon Black 2/White 2
8. (PS3) AquaPazza: AquaPlus Dream Match
9. (WII) Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Online
10. (WII) Taiko Drum Master: Chibi Dragon to Fushigi na Orb
This is also interesting because Miku’s Vita debut is much, much stronger than her 3DS outing’s, despite the 3DS having the advantage in user base. While Miku’s 3DS game sold 88k in its first week, her Vita game nearly doubled that number with 159k. Wanna see a review of this game on PlayStation LifeStyle? Punch Anthony Severino right in the Twitter and tell him to make it happen.