Dishonored: The Knife of Dunwall DLC Trophy Guide
The Knife of Dunwall is the second piece of downloadable content for Dishonored. This DLC runs concurrently with the main story but from a different character’s perspective. You play as Daud, the assassin who killed Empress Kaldwin and framed Dishonored‘s main character Corvo for the crime. It brings with it 10 new trophies to earn in the game, 7 bronze and 3 silver. It is 3 chapters long and at least 2 playthroughs are required to achieve the 100%.
Spoiler Alert: There are a few story spoilers (DLC spoilers NOT Dishonored main story spoilers) contained in this guide. If you would like to avoid them it is recommended that you complete the DLC before reading.
Just Business – Bronze
– You got the information needed from the Rothwild Slaughterhouse
This is a story related trophy and will unlock upon completion of chapter 1.
Missing Pieces – Bronze
– You obtained Delilah Copperspoon’s identity from Thalia Timish
This is a story related trophy and will unlock upon completion of chapter 2.
No Regrets – Silver
– You completed The Knife of Dunwall in High Chaos
In order to achieve High Chaos you need to kill as many people as you can throughout each mission. Getting in open combat and being spotted will also obviously raise your chaos level.
Whisper Ways – Silver
– You completed The Knife of Dunwall without alerting anyone
When an enemy is alerted you will know by the 3 bars over their heads turning red and breaking. If all 3 bars fill up and stay grey you are still okay and have not been spotted. If you are having trouble with this you can save the game and reload of you are caught. Just make sure to save the game after every tough area so you don’t have to replay an area that gave you trouble if you are caught later in the chapter. Getting this trophy should also be done during your Low Chaos play-through for the Redemptive Path trophy.
Cleaner Hands – Bronze
– You completed The Knife of Dunwall without killing anyone
A kill not only counts as you stabbing or shooting someone but also indirect methods such as an enemy falling from a far height or an enemy walking through a rewired wall of light. Make sure you are saving often just in case you accidentally kill someone, so you can reload your game. Getting this trophy should also be done during your Low Chaos playthrough for the Redemptive Path trophy. At the end of each chapter you will see your stats and you will be able to see if you have killed anyone or not. Here are a few more tips for this trophy:
- Upgrade your Sleep Darts capacity.
- Make sure you are stocked full of Sleep Darts before each mission.
- You can knock enemies unconscious by sneaking up behind them crouched and pressing R2. (Press and hold)
- At the end of chapter 1 choosing to blow up the factory will kill enemies thus preventing you from earning this trophy. You must knock out and take Rothwild to the interrogation chair. After the interrogation take him to the empty cargo box and have him shipped off for the non-lethal conclusion.
- In chapter 2, just after you enter the Legal District, to the right you can Blink up onto a balcony and into an apartment to meet with a prisoner who will present you with the option get rid of Timsh non-lethally. You must switch the papers on Timsh’s belt and then place the garbage sack in the vents to have Timsh arrested and taken to jail.
- In chapter 3 after you free your assassins you will have to choose to either kill or cpature the remaining Overseers. You have to choose to capture them and then choose to spare Billie.
Redemptive Path – Silver
– You completed the Knife of Dunwall in Low Chaos
In order to achieve Low Chaos you must not kill anyone or kill only the main targets in each mission. When going for this trophy you should also try and get Whisper Ways and Cleaner Hands. After each chapter you will be given your stats and it will tell you what level of Chaos you achieved.
Well Connected – Bronze
– You purchased all of the Favors in The Knife of Dunwall
The favors are available for purchase before chapters 1 and 2. You just have to purchase them, completing them is not required to earn this trophy. There are 3 available for in the beginning of chapter 1 and 2 available at the beginning of chapter 2. They are only available for purchase before these missions.
Rats and Ashes – Bronze
– You caused a death using an arc mine and a rat
One of the newest additions to the game included in this DLC is the Arc Mine. Equip the Arc Mines and aim the crosshair on a rat and press R1 to attach a mine to a rat. Rats are very common across the chapters, get the attention of a guard and lure him over to an area with rats and quickly drop a mine on a rat. It will explode when the enemy steps near. You should save the game before attempting this just in case it doesn’t work you can reload your game.
Message From the Empress – Bronze
– You performed a drop assassination from atop the Empress statue
This is available in chapter 3. Outside of Daud’s HQ there is a giant statue that will be hard to miss. Use Blink to get on the head of the statue, shoot a crossbow bolt at the ground near the feet of the statue to lure an enemy over. When the guard is below you fall off the statue and an R1 prompt will pop up, press R1 while falling to kill the enemy and the trophy is yours. It might also be useful to save your game before trying this just in case you miss.
Stone Cold Heart – Bronze
– You spoke with the statue of Delilah in Timsh’s estate
Delilah’s statue is located on the top floor of Timsh’s estate in mission 2. The room with the statue is located to the right of Timsh’s bedroom. Enter the room and press square on the statue to have a conversation with it.
Thank you for using our guide! If you have any questions, hints and tips, or would like to request a guide feel free to follow and contact me on Twitter @9Richard19 or email me at email@example.com.