The Catch-Up: December 6th, 2013 – Watch 2013 in Gaming in Under 2 Minutes; Joel McHale Hosting VGX
Less than 24 hours until those world premieres at VGX!
- Geoff Keighley announced on Twitter that both he and Joel McHale will serve as hosts for VGX this year. Classic Winger. [Twitter]
- Also at VGX, you can expect their “first ever indie game world premiere and game announcement” for a “very special game.” [Twitter]
- You can now grab Knack’s Quest from Google Play. [Grab It]
- If you had any issues with The Lost Clones DLC for Stealth Inc “doing strange and uncomfortable things,” it should be fixed now. [Twitter]
- Avalanche Studios head Christofer Sundberg said in a recent interview, “We have been discussing what we’d like to do with the Just Cause IP in the future, but it’s too early to talk about it just yet.” Does this mean they’ll talk about it eventually? [Via, Source]
- “Project Ascender” is a top secret next-gen game for PS4 and PC from Interceptor Entertainment, who worked on Rise of the Triad and Duke Nukem’s iOS ports. [Via 1, 2, Source 1, 2]
- Shahid Ahmad will be on The Spartan Show tonight at 10PM PST. [Twitter]
- Gadget Love has created a short gif of the PlayStation controller’s evolution. To make sure The Catch-Up loaded as quickly as possible, we didn’t put the gif here, so follow this link to see it.
- Telltale Games will be releasing more information about The Wolf Among Us Episode 2: Smoke & Mirrors “very soon after the holidays,” but here’s two screenshots to keep you occupied [Source]:
- Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, which releases for the PS Vita in February 2014, was given an official trailer. It’s weird:
- Here’s the year 2013 in gaming, presented in 2 minutes. Can you name every game? [Via]:
- You can check out a short Warframe interview below:
Are you happy with the choice of Joel McHale hosting VGX? Are you excited for Community Season 5 in January? Let us know in the comments below.