PS4’s Share Features Have Resulted in Nearly 800,000 Gameplay Broadcasts; 10% of all Twitch Content Comes From PS4
With 2.1 million PS4s sold as of December 1st and an estimated 1.25 million sold in the US during the NPD’s reporting month of November, Sony released some stats today when it comes to the PS4’s sharing features (everything is as of December 9th, 2013):
- There has been nearly 800,000 gameplay broadcasts so far.
- There’s also been over 7.1 million spectate sessions via video Twitch and Ustream, totaling more than 20 million minutes of live gameplay streamed from the PS4.
- Twitch is reporting that 10% of all content has come from the PS4 since it launched on November 15th/29th.
- Ustream is reporting an average of 31 minutes of streaming per broadcaster.
- Some of the most broadcasted games are Battlefield 4, Killzone: Shadow Fall, and Call of Duty: Ghosts.
- People have pressed the Share button and accessed the Share Menu over 10.9 million times.
Shuhei Yoshida, President of Worldwide Studios, talked about the PS4:
PlayStation 4 is specifically designed so people can share their gaming experiences and interest in streaming live gameplay has surpassed our wildest expectations. We’re very excited to see gamers embrace live streaming from their PS4 system and we look forward to seeing how PlayStation gamers advance social gaming in the coming years.
How many times have you used your PS4’s Share button? Let us know in the comments below.