Nascar ’14 North American Release Date Set for February 18th on PS3, Xbox 360, & PC
Almost as if we’re psychics, Nascar ’14 was given a confirmed North America release date today, with the new racing title arriving on February 18th for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC. Priced at $49.99, pre-ordering from Walmart, GameStop, Best Buy, Target, or Amazon will get you diecast cars, exclusive paint schemes, and more.
After more than 700,000 votes were tallied in the worldwide Drive for the Cover content, Tony Stewart was chosen for the Nascar ’14 box art:
Deep Silver COO Geoff Mulligan briefly talked about Nascar ’14, with NASCAR VP of Licensing and Consumer Products Blake Davidson doing the same below that:
“Deep Silver is releasing the best NASCAR racing experience yet to hit video game consoles. Fans will soon be able to compete in recent high profile races, experiencing the exact same conditions the real drivers faced. With an aggressive post-release content plan, NASCAR ’14 is a game NASCAR fans can enjoy all year long.”
“With a February launch date, NASCAR ’14 will make a great racing season companion for NASCAR fans. If history repeats itself, the new cover recognition for Tony Stewart will serve as a good luck charm as he heads back on the track and Smoke rises again.”
Here’s an overview of what to expect from Nascar ’14:
- NASCAR Highlights - Take advantage of “NASCAR Highlights” to determine the outcome of the biggest race thrills from the season. Eutechnyx recreates the action where exact condition of the cars, the weather is the same and track positions are identical – the only difference is you!
- Career Mode - Work your way through the ranks in a comprehensive career mode; complete with custom car builds, sponsor acquisition, and R&D to get your team into victory lane.
- Official Teams & Tracks - Race against the official NASCAR teams & drivers on your favorite tracks from the high banks of Daytona, to the twists & turns of Sonoma, and exhilarating speed of Talladega.
- Leagues - Take competition to the next level and host online leagues with your friends, fully supported by statistics, challenges, rankings and replay.
- Online Multiplayer - Take advantage of dynamic skill-based matchmaking, tournaments, and easy drop in/out server browser functionality for a fair and enjoyable experience.
A fun fact stated in the press release: NASCAR is the 2nd most-watched sport on TV after the NFL.
Will you be buying Nascar ’14? Let us know in the comments below.