April 17th inFamous: Second Son Patch Adds Frame Rate Cap, Photo Mode, More
If all goes according to plan, Sucker Punch will be releasing their promised inFamous: Second Son patch that gives you the option to disable the HUD, cap the frame rate at 30fps, and more tomorrow, April 17th.
Here’s a look at everything that the new patch will bring:
- Option to disable the HUD
- Once you’ve finished the game, you’ll be able to adjust the time of day as you like
- An option to cap the game frame rate at 30 FPS (note: this is a frame rate cap — not a lock. It won’t eliminate the rare instance of a dropped frame during gameplay)
- A handful of localization text changes, and a couple of fixes for rare crashes in the game
- If your controller runs out of batteries in the middle of gameplay, your game will pause. Our art director pulled a hamstring scrambling to get his second controller mid-boss-battle, so we needed to fix this
- If you’re choosing expert difficulty, we let you know within the options dialog if you’re qualified for the ‘Unstoppable’ trophy the moment you opt in.
- Photo Mode.
That last addition, Photo Mode, allows you to edit photos, which this new video shows off:
To make sure there’s no confusion about this update, Sucker Punch explained:
These options and settings, including frame rate, will reset to defaults each time you restart the game. We chose to not disturb our game save file format with this patch in order get these features to you as quickly as we could. Additionally, Photo Mode will only work in situations where the camera is freely movable by players. In scripted sequences/cutscenes you can still take screenshots of course, just not with the Photo Mode tools.
Will you be using Photo Mode tomorrow? Let us know in the comments below.