Grand Theft Auto V Double GTA$ Money Weekend on Now, Focuses on Featured Playlists
To celebrate the recently added Featured Playlists in Grand Theft Auto Online, Rockstar Games is hosting a Double GTA$ and Double RP weekend (January 2 – 5), with each Playlist containing a Race, Deathmatch, Capture, and Last Team Standing Job. Rockstar adds that the Playlists have been curated so that the Races are for Sports or Muscle car classes, giving you the chance to take advantage of the new vehicles in the Festive Surprise: Slam Van, Hot Rod Christmas Ratloader, and the Massacro and Jester Race liveries.
If you’re unfamiliar with Featured Playlists, they allow players on all consoles to launch directly into a Rockstar Created Featured Playlist of GTA Online with a single button press. PlayStation 4 owners can find the button in the Live Tiles area, while everyone else can find it on the Grand Theft Auto V launch screens.
Here’s full details on the event weekend:
Double GTA$ Featured Playlist for PS4 & Xbox One (January 2 – 5)
- Troops have been mobilized to deal with an outbreak of charitable giving in downtown Los Santos, leaving Fort Zancudo with just a skeleton crew, and you with the opportunity for some opportunistic slaughter on a grand scale. It may be the biggest airbase in the state, but it can still feel claustrophobic with 30 industrious maniacs crawling all over it in search of each other’s blood.
- The first time you almost plunge off a cliff, you’ll forget about the stunning views and start to concentrate on the road. Dozens of hysterical city-dwellers compete for a small patch of asphalt in this long lap race for sports cars on the Great Ocean Highway and Banham Canyon.
- Like every other great American industry, it’s only a matter of time before organized crime is outsourced to China, too. Celebrate home-grown violence while you still can with this two team LTS around the old factory sector of La Mesa. Whichever team controls the choke points and rooftops has the advantage.
- Like many Americans, you bought an RV only to discover that you hate being close to nature and your family. Luckily, it doubles as a mobile weed silo, and there’s a bunch of hillbillies who need your services. One team gets to transport four tons of bespoke plant life from Braddock Farm to a local scrapyard, while the other team tries to intercept it and make it their own. First team with three vans back at base gets to start a traditional Blaine County bonfire.
Double GTA$ Featured Playlist for PS3 & Xbox 360 (January 2 – 5)
- Isn’t it time some minds got blown at Vespucci by something other than medical marijuana? A large, open Deathmatch in and around the facilities of Vespucci Beach with little cover.
- A Verified Race from several months back, Hit The Apex provides the perfect opportunity to check out the new Massacro (Livery) and Jester (Livery) and to see how those new paint jobs look when you’re drifting around downtown Los Santos.
- Some places get all the luck. Two teams face off with tanks and explosives and don’t mind if they turn the whole town to rubble. Who’ll be left standing in what’s left of Paleto Bay?
- Three packages, two teams, one town hall. Albeit the fanciest town hall in Los Santos. If you control Rockford Hills, you control the money, and you control the city, so get the packages back to your base.
Following the special weekend for Featured Playlists, Rockstar says, “We’ll be regularly rotating this Playlist to give you a varied lineup of fun Jobs to get your teeth into.”
Meanwhile, we still don’t know exactly when they’re launching, but Heists are expected to arrive early this year.
Are you going to be playing GTAV this weekend?
[Source: Rockstar Games]