Harmonix Releases Rock Band Survey, Teases New Game
Rock Band developer Harmonix has released a survey that teases a “new Rock Band experience,” and asks fans what they would basically like to see in a new game.
Among other things, Harmonix wants to know players’ console preference, what instruments they already own, which Rock Band game they enjoyed the most in the past, and how many DLC tracks they bought. On the third page of the survey, we’re asked to rank the following features by importance:
- Fixed campaign mode
- Competing with the world through leaderboards
- Local multiplayer
- Online multiplayer
- A Variety of venues to play in
- Regularly updated in-game events (Tour Challenges, Battle of the Bands, etc.)
- The ability to create and customize your own character
- Pro instruments and Pro lessons
- Compatibility of existing DLC
- New weekly DLC
- Compatibility of existing hardware
- A large on-disc soundtrack
This isn’t the first survey we’ve seen about the game. Last year, Harmonix rolled out a survey that asked all sorts of questions about the series’ future. However, there’s no indication of Rock Band 4 being in development.
What would you like to see in a new game?