Just Cause 3 Review Embargo Lifts Monday, Day One Update Is 2.8GB on PS4
Avalanche acknowledged the fact that copies of Just Cause 3 are already out in the wild, saying the day one update (notes below) will be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC by this weekend:
We’re aware of the fact that in some territories, Just Cause 3 is available ahead of its official release, which means many of you are enjoying Rico’s latest adventure early. While we’re glad you’re getting familiar with Medici before Tuesday, this does mean that you’re playing the unpatched version of the game, and a host of fixes and improvements will be available within the next 24 hours. Please keep an eye out for the update on PS4, Xbox One and PC this weekend!
Ahead of Just Cause 3’s launch on December 1 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, Metacritic has said that the review embargo will lift at 4pm PT/7pm ET on Monday, November 30.
Despite the official release not happening until next week, VG247 already has their hands on a retail copy, revealing that the day one Just Cause 3 update (1.01) on PS4 is just under 2.8GB in size.
Taking a humorous approach for some of them, here’s the full list of patch notes for Just Cause 3 update 1.01, which includes numerous fixes and optimizations:
Fixes and Improvements
- The Medician Department of Nature Conservation has pored over every inch of our beautiful island for cracks and removed them
- The Medician Department of Motor Vehicles has taken measures to acquire poorly-tuned vehicles and burn them
- The DRM has been given a refresher course in combat and spatial awareness as per the General’s recent mandate
- The Medician Department of Infrastructure has made some adjustments to certain roads to prevent traffic jams
- Various stability/crash fixes
- Various camera fixes
- Various Havok destruction optimisations
- Various localisation fixes and updates
- Various worldsim improvements
Missions, Challenges, Random Encounters
- Various minor mission bug fixes
- Various minor challenge bug fixes
- Fixed some various issues with Random Encounters
Graphics and Animation
- Various LoD optimizations
- Various lighting optimizations
- Various animation optimizations
- Various level and EQ adjustments
- Rebels riding along with Rico will now be less rude and not talk over each other
- Fixed a few rare audio distortion issues involving destructible objects with lots of moving parts
Are you picking up Just Cause 3 next week?