Lucasfilm President: “We’re Spending a Lot of Time Looking at” Star Wars 1313, May Be Developed Further

December 9, 2015 Written by Jason Dunning

star wars 1313

Canceled in 2013, with the trademark being abandoned in 2014, Star Wars 1313 may still live on, according to comments made by Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy.

Speaking with Slashfilm at a press event for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Kennedy brought up 1313. After Slashfilm said the concept art looked amazing, she revealed they still want to work on it:

Unbelievable. So our attitude is, we don’t want to throw any of that stuff away. It’s gold. And it’s something we’re spending a lot of time looking at, pouring through, discussing, and we may very well develop those things further. We definitely want to.

Kennedy also mentioned the Star Wars: Underworld TV series as something they’re looking at and would like to explore.

Earlier this year, voice actor Nolan North – who provided early mo-cap work on Star Wars 1313 – said the untitled Amy Hennig and Visceral Games Star Wars project will be along the same lines as 1313 and Uncharted.

“If you’re a big fan of Amy Hennig and her styles of story: the big thing about her is that she’s gone to EA and is going to reboot a brand new Star Wars franchise in the style of Uncharted,” he said.

Do you think Star Wars 1313 will be resurrected one day in some form?

[Source: Slashfilm]