Vikings: Wolves of Midgard Announced for PS4, Xbox One & PC
From Kalyspo Media and Games Farm, Vikings: Wolves of Midgard was announced today for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC/Mac/Linux.
Scheduled for release in early 2017, Vikings: Wolves of Midgard is an action-RPG set in the Shores of Midgard where you play as the clan chief of the Ulfung – the Wolves of Midgard. Battling against the Jotan, undead creatures, and other beasts of Ragnarok, you have to save the world from destruction.
As the list of features details, Vikings includes a single-player story mode, online co-op, unlockable and upgradeable Spell Powers, a New Game+ mode, and Trials of the Gods – a challenge mode where the best warriors get special equipment and runes:
- Fantasy Meets Nordic Mythology: Travel the realms of earthly Midgard, freezing Niflheim and boiling Balheim, either as a fierce Viking warrior or merciless shieldmaiden.
- The Deadly Fimbulwinter: Withstand the deathly colds and protect yourself from exposure to nature’s wrath in order to survive.
- Tribute to the Gods: Collect blood from fallen enemies and sacrifice it at the altar to gain gifts from the Gods to enhance your powers.
- Berserker Rage: Let your anger take hold by activating Rage Mode to overwhelm your enemies in bloodthirsty combat.
- The art of combat: Perfect your skills with each weapon to unlock their true potential, including swords, bows and spell-powered canes.
- The Power of the Gods: Make the abilities of the Gods your own by equipping power-infused amulets, like the Talismans of Thor or Loki. Put your new skills to the test by competing in the Trials of the Gods to earn further rewards.
- Teamwork: Team up with a friend and journey to the Shores of Midgard together in an epic two player online co-op mode. Choose between four difficulty levels to suit your skills and talents. Do you dare attempt the unrelenting hardcore mode?
- The Clan of Wolves: Restore and rebuild your village and lead your clan to glory. Upgrade buildings such as weaponsmith, armourer, runesmith, and mead hall to unlock more content and better equipment.
- Legendary Weapons: Gather the scattered fragments of mythical weapons and armors to take on the most fearsome creatures of the realms.
- A Class of its Own: Become even more powerful in the next life by attempting New Game+, and push your Viking warrior or shieldmaiden to their limit.
- Destructible Environments: Utilize your surroundings by burying your foes under falling rocks or pushing them off high cliffs.
Vikings: Wolves of Midgard will be playable at gamescom 2016 next month in the Kalypso Media consumer stand in Hall 8.1.